Infrastructure Unix & Virtualization System Engineer
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Societe Generale
- 20 Feb 18 2018-02-20
Infrastructure Unix & Virtualization System Engineer
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 148,000 employees based in 76 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
Our expertise in the Asia Pacific region ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Securities Services, Trade Finance and Cash Management Services. Leveraging on our formidable global footprint, we serve corporates, financial institutions and the public sector. With our regional headquarters in Hong Kong, we operate in 11 countries across Asia Pacific, employing over 6,600 employees. You can find us in Beijing, Seoul, Tokyo, Singapore, Mumbai, Sydney and other locations in the region.
At Societe Generale we have developed - and continue to develop - advanced programs to support your career development. A diverse and comprehensive Learning & Development program, a Junior program for graduates and a Remuneration policy that stimulates your growth are just a few examples that illustrate how we help you to fulfill yourself personally and professionally, and how we develop your ability to adapt to ever-changing environments and transform challenges into opportunities.
Welcome to the IT Infrastructure department, Global Technical Services (GTS).
IT infrastructure is one of the major stakes for the bank and is at the heart of Societe Generale group's strategy.
Today, the Digital Transformation raises important challenges around IT Architecture, Infrastructure and Security. Many of these challenges are opportunities to imagine new experiences for our clients and new way to deliver IT services.
Within the Resources and Innovation division, GTS department plays a key role in the Digital Transformation. With more than 3500 GTS staff located across the world, GTS develops innovative projects while delivering operational excellence for infrastructure services to 148,000 employees and 32 million external clients.
GTS staff motivation comes from the new technologies they deliver to enhance agility of the various business lines (Cloud, Big Data, Continuous Delivery)
You will be on boarded in the Cloud Infrastructure and Platform as a Service team that develops and maintains On-Premises Cloud Infrastructures, Container technologies and Traditional Hosting and Storage. The department is composed of 20+ DevOps System Administrator and Developers using Agile framework at scale.
We are looking for an experienced System Administrator with strong technical and operational background in Operating System (Linux) and Compute platforms (x86, Virtualization) to provide Follow the Sun Support (on shift basis) and deliver Cloud Infrastructure Backlog prioritized by the product owner.
The successful candidate will integrate a team responsible for the following products: Event & Alert management, Grid computing, File Storage, DNS, OS Factory & Post-Installation, Time services (NTP/PTP)
Main responsibilities of the team:
- Support production platforms across all products under the department's responsibility (include Support shift, Weekend operation and Follow the Sun)
- Plan and deploy upgrades to fulfil compliance, security or capacity requirements
- Design, test and implement news solutions for product under its direct responsibility
- Work in close relationship with other IT teams to ensure client requirement and expectation are mutually agreed
- Deliver continuous improvement of the products under its direct responsibility (efficiency, new features, self-service, …)
As a member of team within an Agile framework, it is expected from the candidate to have a strong willingness to learn about new technologies, new way of working and share his own experience/knowledge as required by the team to deliver the product.
Academic Background and Certifications, Experience
- College degree such as Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- 5+ years of experience as a System Administrator
- 3+ years of experience on Linux 24/7 Production environment
- Experience with an Agile framework employing SCRUM methodology would be a plus
- RedHat Certification (RHCSA/RHCE or similar)
- VMWARE Certification (VCP-DCV or similar)
- Passionate in automating system administration tasks / Little tolerance for repetitive work
- Strong written and oral communication skills a must; can present formally or informally
- Not afraid to raise issues and drive change to remove impediments from the teams
- Care about learning new things and improving existing challenges
- Experience administering Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) or comparable Linux distributions, including storage configuration such as SAN, LVM, etc
- Experience administering VMWARE vSphere and ESXi
- Experience with DevOps tools such as Puppet, Chef, or Ansible
- Experience in OS security and authentication technology such as LDAP/ Active Directory, etc
- Experience with at least one of the following scripting languages (Ruby, Python - preferred -, Perl).
- Proven knowledge with core infrastructure services such as DNS, DHCP, NTP, NETWORK ROUTING, etc …
- Proven knowledge of working with RDBMS
- Proven knowledge on RESTful API would be a plus
- Proven knowledge of NETAPP or other Filer appliances would be a plus
- Proven knowledge of Docker and related technologies, such as Swarm and Kubernetes would be a plus