Infrastructure Software Engineer
- Hong Kong
- Contract, Full time
- Societe Generale
- 20 Feb 18 2018-02-20
Infrastructure Software Engineer
Société Générale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 148,000 employees based in 76 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world in a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
Our expertise in the Asia Pacific region ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Securities Services, Trade Finance and Cash Management Services. Leveraging on our formidable global footprint, we serve corporates, financial institutions and the public sector. With our regional headquarters in Hong Kong, we operate in 11 countries across Asia Pacific, employing over 6,600 employees. You can find us in Beijing, Seoul, Tokyo, Singapore, Mumbai, Sydney and other locations in the region.
At Société Générale we have developed - and continue to develop - advanced programs to support your career development. A diverse and comprehensive Learning & Development program, a Junior program for graduates and a Remuneration policy that stimulates your growth are just a few examples that illustrate how we help you to fulfill yourself personally and professionally, and how we develop your ability to adapt to ever-changing environments and transform challenges into opportunities.
Welcome to the IT Infrastructure department, Global Technical Services (GTS)
IT infrastructure is one of the major stakes for the bank and is at the heart of Société Générale group's strategy.
Today, the Digital Transformation raises important challenges around IT Architecture, Infrastructure and Security. Many of these challenges are opportunities to imagine new experiences for our clients and new way to deliver IT services.
Within the Resources and Innovation division, GTS department plays a key role in the Digital Transformation. With more than 3500 GTS staff located across the world, GTS develops innovative projects while delivering operational excellence for infrastructure services to 148,000 employees and 32 million external clients.
GTS staff motivation comes from the new technologies they deliver to enhance agility of the various business lines (Cloud, Big Data, Continuous Delivery).
You will be on boarded in the Digital Workplace team that develops and maintains the following services: Unified Communication, desktop and virtualization, workstation ecosystems following the group strategy and transformation road map.
The team is composed of DevOps Developers to develop APIs for the Infrastructure services as well as frontend portals as self-service for the business using Agile methodologies.
Candidate's mission is:
- Development of in-house API using modern Python Web framework, to improve the delivery of infrastructure services. Development is based on continuous delivery practices & pipeline relying on open source or market standard software. Pair programming for some critical tasks. Test-driven Development and Code Review experiences are important. Sprint pace is 2 weeks
- Identify and / or analyze problems and build automation to prevent problem recurrence with the goal of automating all non-exceptional service condition
- Operation of Infrastructure services and related code, involving release in production and direct L3 user support ( internal users). Sometimes involve work during week-end
We value highly disruptive approach and focus on user experience for the front-end portals.
Academic Background And Certifications, Experience :
- University degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent with a post graduate degree being advantageous
- Experienced Software Developer, with 3-5 years' experience working in a development team with minimum 3 developers
- Experience in Scrum development, Automated testing and main applicative design patterns
- Concrete and sizeable coding projects using Python 3.0 and Web Framework. Working experience with RESTful API is a must
- Experience with OAuth. sAML and Front-end framework (Angular, React, Ember.js, Polymer) is a plus
- Practice of software used in continuous delivery pipeline such as GitHub, Jenkins, XLDeploy, etc
- Broad understanding of Fundamental Infrastructure Areas ( Network, Operating Systems, Servers, Storage, DHCP, DNS, etc.)
- Knowledge of software related to Infrastructure Management and / or past experience / background in Infrastructure Operation would be very advantageous
Behavioral Skills :
- Client - Client focus: I put long term relationship with our clients at the center of my actions, whatever my position
- Team Spirit - Collective mindset: I favor the team's interest over my own results
- Innovation - Thinking out of the box / Creativity: I propose new ideas and solutions
- Responsibility - Risk awareness: I am constantly on the lookout for risksCommitment - Sustainability: I strive to develop my skills and knowledge
- Team Spirit - Open mindset: I listen and share my views and my expertise in an open mode
Other behavioral skills:
- Ability to work in a challenging environment
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Analytical skills
- High Curiosity for new technologies & needs from internal client
- Ability to efficiently share knowledge with the rest of the team
- Knows how to learn from errors, and leverage for the team