A Project Manager within TIS will be responsible for executing end to end Technology Infrastructure projects. Immediate responsibility would start from building new Data Center based business requirement.
Purpose of your role
A Project Manager within TIS will be responsible for executing end to end Technology Infrastructure projects. Immediate responsibility would start from building new Data Center based business requirement. The role requires strong Project Management experience with the ability to form projects from inception and good knowledge of waterfall and Agile approaches. The Project Manager will need to be a 'self-starter' requiring significant communication and collaboration with global various function teams.
- Participate into large program and work with upper/downer streams of the program.
- Work closely with business and other technology workstreams to translate business requirement into Technology Infrastructure requirement for new offices and Data Center building out
- Interface directly with program to define Data Center project requirements. Prepares scope of work, project delivery resource requirements, cost estimate & budget, work plan schedule & milestones, quality control, and risk identification.
- Manage all facets of project management (budget, schedule, procurement, quality & risk) for data center project including planning, design, construction/leasing, occupancy and closeout.
- Demonstrate capability to read, understand and apply standard to complex documents affecting data center projects, including but not limited to: agreements/contracts/vendor RFP, leases, work letters, project charters, surveys and drawings, etc.
- Identify project delivery resources from pre-qualified lists or through individual project qualification process; conducts standard to complex request for proposals; completes bid analysis through vendor RFP process.
- Implement communication plan, manage various stakeholders (including of internal senior executives and external vendors), define communication path and execute communication plan.
- Implement project documentation governance aligned with company and client requirements. Ensure project data integrity and documentation is accurate, timely and coordinated.
- Facilitate project meetings and written reports/meeting minutes to keep client and project resources informed.
- Lead project delivery resources/team, provide project guidance and direction to track project goals, objectives, approved budgets, approved timelines.
- Reports & maintain key project processes, status and variances, manage associated artifacts including project plans, budgets, vendor contracts and stakeholder status reports etc.
- Maintain good working relationship with TIS teams, Technology Delivery, Security and other business customers.
Experience and Qualifications Required
- Proven experience in building out new Data Centers. (perferably establishing Data Center for another financial services company)
- Proven experience (5 years+) in IT Infrastructure project management. (preferably including another financial services company).
- Track record of successful project delivery with large budgetary management.
- Excellent English communication skill.
- Breadth of knowledge across the infrastructure technology stack
- Delivery and results focused, with the ability to build and manage client / customer relationships
- Ability to report to steering committees comprised of senior executives
- Demonstrable experience in managing internal and external technology partners
- Ability to analyse complex problems in a structured manor whilst under pressure
- Desire to build effective working relationships with key business and technology stakeholders
- Possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Flexible and approachable team-worker
- Degree level qualification or equivalent (preferable)
- PRINCE2 or PMP certification (preferable)
- Agile Certifications are beneficial such as AgilePM, Prince2 Agile, SAFe, Scrum Master (preferable)