Independent Risk - Special Assets Management - Assistant Vice President
The Remedial Mgmt Senior Analyst is a seasoned professional role. Applies in-depth disciplinary knowledge, contributing to the development of new techniques and the improvement of processes and work-flow for the area or function. Integrates subject matter and industry expertise within a defined area. Requires in-depth understanding of how areas collectively integrate within the sub-function as well as coordinate and contribute to the objectives of the function and overall business. Evaluates moderately complex and variable issues with substantial potential impact, where development of an approach/taking of an action involves weighing various alternatives and balancing potentially conflicting situations using multiple sources of information. Requires good analytical skills in order to filter, prioritize and validate potentially complex and dynamic material from multiple sources. Strong communication and diplomacy skills are required. Regularly assumes informal/formal leadership role within teams. Involved in coaching and training of new recruits Significant impact in terms of project size, geography, etc. by influencing decisions through advice, counsel and/or facilitating services to others in area of specialization. Work and performance of all teams in the area are directly affected by the performance of the individual. Responsibilities:
- Preparation of valuation and restructuring analysis for stressed and distressed assets and situations, including the determination of write-off, reserve and risk of loss amounts that directly impact the P&L of the firm.
- Assess liquidity, debt capacity and other areas of financial and operating performance to evaluate areas of weakness and potential for turnaround, which is measured by setting and monitoring appropriate classification triggers.
- Model companies' financial position to assess appropriate debt structure and accurate debt value using the most appropriate valuation methodology.
- Track ongoing performance of classified credits, reporting to senior credit and business management.
- Prepare quarterly classification documents with detailed financial and credit analyses in order to maintain appropriate classifications of ICG classified exposures.
- Work closely with other colleagues (Seniors Bankers and Senior Credit Officer-level transactors) to remain coordinated on the restructuring/valuation process and assess likely restructuring scenarios.
- Liaise with internal business and product areas in the bank, as well as external fund managers, advisors and consultants to develop deeper industry expertise
- Manage assigned bilateral and syndicated portfolios.
- Implement designed and approved workout strategies.
- Co-manage of accounts with internal partners.
- Interact with external clients and third party professionals engaged to support the plan.
- Evaluate and process documentation to both evaluate and implement the appropriate strategy; partner with Citi Legal and outside legal.
- Develop and present action plans for assigned portfolio to senior management.
- Negotiate with customers, bank group participants, and other stakeholders associated with the assigned account.
- Review accounts in accordance with established policies and standards set by Citi
- Utilize timely and in depth credit analysis in order to assist in evaluating waivers, forbearance agreements and restructuring terms.
- Advise Business, of plan and evolving cost of credit impact.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 5-8 years relevant experience
- Excellent knowledge of credit assessment techniques and policies of the bank.
- Ability to analyze and evaluate financial statements and business plans, across a range of industrial sectors.
- Proficient knowledge of corporate and debt structuring, with a particular understanding of bank loan documentation.
- Good understanding of risk profiles of all credit products. • Advanced credit analysis and corporate financial modeling,
- Commercial Credit training preferred.
- Risk assessment and quantitative analysis experience.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships and communication skills, both written and verbally.
- Ability to work autonomously, as well make meaningful contributions as part of a team.
- Project management skills, with a focus on Information System implementation
- Thorough knowledge of Finance and P&L implications of transactions
- Bachelor's/University degree or equivalent experience
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
The jobholder will also support Remedial Risk APC ex-Korea.
Local language is required. Job Family Group:
Risk Management Job Family:
Remedial Management Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting