IT Test Analyst, Information Technology
FWD spans Hong Kong, Macau, Thailand, Indonesia, the Philippines, Singapore, Vietnam and Japan. In Hong Kong, FWD offers life and medical insurance, general insurance, employee benefits, and financial planning. FWD is focused on creating fresh customer experiences, with easy-to-understand and relevant products, supported by digital technology. Through this customer-led approach, FWD aims to become a leading pan-Asian insurer that changes the way people feel about insurance.
FWD is the insurance business of investment group, Pacific Century Group. The life insurance and general insurance operating entities have been assigned strong financial strength ratings by international rating agencies. While FWD Life Insurance Company (Bermuda) Limited has been affirmed 'A3' by Moody's and 'A' by Fitch, FWD General Insurance Company Limited has also received 'A' rating from Fitch, all with a stable outlook.
In Hong Kong & Macau, FWD has been providing quality services to around 534,000 customers with over 730 staff.
If you are looking for a company where can fuel your inspiration and cultivate your expertise, join us on our exciting journey. The Person
- Perform HK IT SIT Testing functions as part of the SIT support implementation plan of 2019/2020
- Report to Testing Manager for performing test activities (system, integration, performance, regression and support of User Validation) assigned to Testing Team
- Assist and advise Testing Manager with creation and execution of software test plans
- Review specification and design documentation to flush out ambiguities to ensure testability
- Design, develop and execute test cases to ensure functional and non-functional requirements are met
- Learn and embrace test automation as an added tool in your tool belt
- Collaborate with project management, and development teams to develop a strong understanding of the testing objectives and provide early visibility to testing strategies
- Generate defect reports and participate in the troubleshooting and triaging of issues with different teams to drive towards root cause identification and resolution
- Document and analyze test results, and make recommendations to improve overall application quality
- Provide project testing status to Testing Manager and stakeholders
- Analyze enhancement requests and provide testing estimates
- Identify and participate in internal process improvement initiatives
- Conduct compatibility tests with third party products or systems
- Perform a gatekeeper role in SDLC. Responsible for providing testing support at various stages, ensure they can comply with agreed acceptance criteria and follow through the prescribed procedures
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, science or information technology, or equivalent education and with 5 years of related working experience in Software Testing
- Competent knowledge and experience in following SLDC process to support testing functions for implementing enterprise-scale IT systems projects
- Competent knowledge in software testing, defect management, test tools, version controls, software release management to support IT projects & system changes is a must
- Hands-on experience in designing and writing-up testing best practices, testing plan & methodologies and developing testing metrics are essential
- Practical experience in:
• Software testing processes, Test tools, Defect Triage Management
• Functional, non-functional, regression, integration and system testing
• Developing test automation framework and scripts are a plus
• Conducting software testing functions in financial industry's testing role is essential
• Managing enterprise-scale Life or non-Life administration systems, as well as good understanding on system architecture, esp. multi-tier servers / databases / middle-ware operating platform is a plus
- Equipped with:
• Self-starter, highly organized
• Capable of working independently or within a team
• Superior problem solving skills
• High level of interpersonal skills (good oral and written communication)
• Excellent organizational skills
• Ability to cultivate a positive team culture
• Ability to build and nurture test teams
We offer 5-day work, 20-22 days annual leaves, excellent learning & development opportunities and an attractive package to the right candidate.
Information collected will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purpose. The company will retain all applications no longer than 24 months of which will be destroyed thereafter. When there are vacancies in any of our subsidiaries, holding companies, associated or affiliated companies of, or companies controlled by, or under common control with the Company during that period, we may transfer your application to them for consideration of employment. We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, disability or family status in employment process.