IT Software Engineer - Equities - Client Connectivity - C++
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- UBS AG
- 20 Mar 18
Are you passionate about bringing systems to life? Do you have the drive to innovate? We're looking for someone like that to help us:
– be part of a multi-year project to modernize the existing connectivity platforms
– perform direct development related activities such as coding, design, configuration management, releases and post implementation support
– work as part of a global team to arrive at architectural decisions in solving challenging problems
– work with different teams both in-region and overseas to successfully deliver to the business needs.
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
You'll be working for the Front Office Client Connectivity Team within APAC Cash Equities IT, Hong Kong. We are a global team spread in APAC, UK and US. The role requires participation with different teams and our team members across those regions.
Your experience and skills
– hands-on experience with C++ using multi-threading, data-structures, STL, Casting, templates, pointers, socket programming and algorithms would be an invaluable asset
– Programming using Linux/Unix environment is essential.
Great if you have
– Development experience to build-out high performance, high availability, high throughput, low latency, high capacity, transaction-oriented distributed system
– Experience with development in financial environment on order management systems, FIX protocol and order-state handling
– Hands-on experience with SQL
– Experience with scripting using Shell or Perl
– Experience with C#
– Hands-on experience with Core Java using data structures, algorithms, network programing using NIO.
If you are a clearly exceptional C++ candidate we can be flexible
– A proven team player able to work in a collaborative way across business units, teams and regions
– Self-motivated and are able to progress tasks with autonomy and integrity, you challenge when appropriate
What we offer
Together. That's how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.