IT Software Engineer - Cash Equities - Post Trade Dev
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- UBS AG
- 22 Sep 17
Are you passionate about bringing systems to life? Do you have a curious nature, always interested in how to innovate? We're looking for someone like that to help us:
- Turn business requirements into technically sound solutions
- Take full responsibility for coding, unit testing and delivery
- Work in close harmony with a global team, operating in multiple locations
- Support the team as it establishes agile methods
- Ensure industry standards of risk management are met, working closely with management, BAs and end users to safeguard the firm against regulatory issues
- Support front-to-back testing, working with QA, BAs and end users where necessary
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
This position is for an experienced developer to join the Global Equities Cash Post Trade team to make valuable contributions to both the existing platform, and play a pivotal role in the build out of our strategic middle office solution. We're a global team and work around the clock to provide best in class solutions
Your experience and skills
– strong experience in core Java development
– ability to understand C++/C# code would be an advantage
– strong in object-oriented design
– experience in Linux shell scripting
– good understanding of FIX protocol
– clear concept in version control and branching strategy
– strong communication skill, ability to understand business requirement and explain system behaviour to users
– ability to turn business requirements into solutions
strong sense of ownership, able to own the task throughout entire life-cycle
What we offer
Together. That's how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.