- Highly Competitive Salary
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Selby Jennings Singapore
- 13 Nov 17
IT Project Manager - Financial Services (Hong Kong)
- Location: Hong Kong
- Salary: Highly Competitive Salary
- Job Type: Full time
Award-winning fintech organisation with a strong presence in Europe and Asia.My client, an award-winning financial technology services company is on the lookout for a Senior Level IT professional with extensive experience in Project Management.
This person will be responsible for defining and communicating project objectives that are clear, useful and attainable, and materials or technology needed to accomplish project objectives managing the constraints of cost, time, scope and quality.
Our ideal candidate will be someone with extensive project management experience within the Banking or Asset Management space in Hong Kong.
RESPONSIBILITY - IT PROJECT MANAGER (FINANCIAL SERVICES)
- Works closely with the business stakeholders and clients to ensure alignment with the business's growth strategy
- Be the lead IT project manager to manage a number of projects, which are based in Asia Pacific. From requirement definition to implementation ensuring alignment to strategy, business requirements and benefits, are met, on time, within budget and of the highest quality.
- Identify project risks, develop risk mitigation plans and communicate project risks to the customer and upper management
- Ensure that problems are managed at his or her level, and escalated efficiently with the minimum disruption to the business.
- Adopt and share standards, tools, best practices, principles for cost, quality and productivity improvement.
- Maintain effective and good relationship between the business and the IT Project team, managing appropriate business expectations and negotiating a compromise where appropriate.
- Maintain good exposure and develop knowledge of new techniques, products, services, technologies and standards.
- Develop a good level of understanding of the appropriate business systems of the Group and their associated IT project management requirements.
QUALIFICATION - IT PROJECT MANAGER (FINANCIAL SERVICES)
- University degree in computer science, information technology or a related discipline.
- Work experience in the financial industry gained in system development, implementation, business process re-engineering, system integration or operational support.
- Proven track record in delivering large scale program within the FINANCIAL SERVICES space.
- Managed change management projects and teams for tier 1 financial services organization
- Experience to liaise with all relevant parties in technology and work with senior business stakeholders including front office, trading, sales and other supporting function
- Solid project management skills in initiation, analysis, design, test and transition; PMP and Agile SCRUM certification would be advantageous.
- Good understanding of IT systems functioning in general. Exposure to technologies such as Java, Linux, Solaris or other mobile apps would be an advantage.
- Effective communication skills in spoken and written English.
- With a positive, proactive and can do attitude.
This is an excellent opportunity to work for an award-winning and aggressively growing to further your career and take on leadership positions in the future.
If this is an opportunity that interests you, please do apply as this is an URGENT Mandate.
EA Licence No.: 16S8194
IT, information technology, develop*, project, PM, project manage*, agile, waterfall, Hong Kong, asset manage*, program* manage*