IT Coordinator/System Admin
Established in 1964 as the country's first Qatari-owned commercial bank, QNB Group has steadily grown to become the largest bank in the Middle East and Africa (MEA) region.
QNB Group's presence through its subsidiaries and associate companies extends to more than 31 countries across three continents providing a comprehensive range of advanced products and services. The total number of employees is more than 28,000 serving up to 20 million customers operating through 1,000 locations, with an ATM network of 4,300 machines.
QNB has maintained its position as one of the highest rated regional banks from leading credit rating agencies including Standard & Poor's (A), Moody's (Aa3) and Fitch (A+). The Bank has also been the recipient of many awards from leading international specialised financial publications.
Based on the Group's consistent strong financial performance and its expanding international presence, QNB currently ranks as the most valuable bank brand in the Middle East and Africa, according to Brand Finance Magazine.
QNB Group has an active community support program and sponsors various social, educational and sporting events. Job Summary:
The incumbent will be supporting the Branch's overall IT operations and system administration in coordination with the Head office overall direction and guidance. Job Description:
- Undertake the day to day operation of the mainframe/ mini-computer, in accordance with operating procedures and objectives.
- Ensure that activities comply with internal computer operations procedures.
- Assist with the implementation of changes to operations procedures, processes and hardware, ensuring the changes are implemented as required.
- Maintain a detailed knowledge of the relevant systems, and new systems as they are implemented.
- Provide support to users of the organization's software and hardware and recognize problems, researches and resolve them.
- Assist with installation and loading of hardware and software; logs PC maintenance calls.
- Responsible for all computer networks within the branch organization.
- Assist in the purchases all infrastructure equipment.
- Assist in the regulatory authority IT requirements.
- Ensure that network operates effectively and efficiently; liaise with contractors and suppliers ensuring that network is maintained.
- Monitor all aspects of system security based on bank security policy.
- Maintain the operational IT service to bank's desktops, provide a responsive first line support function to answer queries and resolve problems that arise.
- Log all support requests received on the database and update the log details with actions taken as appropriate.
- Resolve faults and respond to requests for advice and assistance, as appropriate.
- Analyse, specify and plan the day to day changes required for the technical infrastructure.
- Refer problems to second line support which cannot be resolved in a timely manner or are likely to exceed the appropriate service level criteria.
- Acquire and maintain current knowledge of relevant products and support policies in order to provide technically accurate solutions.
- Undertake the implementation and routine maintenance of the telecommunications systems within the division/ organization.
- Undertake the implementation and maintenance of PC and host based operational systems within the organization.
- Assist with the evaluation of the designs of new systems and their appropriateness or compatibility with other operational applications and or local regulatory requirement.
- Provide technical input in the implementation of new systems or with the enhancement of present systems, especially where changes to overnight processing or data interfaces are required.
- University graduate in Computer Science or related degree
- Minimum 3 years' experience in systems operations/ data centre environments, preferable within banking platforms.
- MCSE certificate (preferred)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (including report writing) in English; with Arabic, French or applicable local language highly desirable
- Problem shooting and resolution of wide variety of IT related issues.
- Strong coordination and execution skills.
- Training courses in operating systems, operational management, and data centre environments.
- Working knowledge of various IT hardware, applications, networking and related support and maintenance work.
- Able to influence various service providers and vendors to ensure seamless delivery of IT support.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
- Project management skills.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV