IMD, GSAM, AIMS, Analyst, Hong Kong
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 17 Dec 17 2017-12-17
IMD, GSAM, AIMS, Analyst, Hong Kong
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB GOLDMAN SACHS FIRM OVERVIEW
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals.
The Alternative Investments & Manager Selection (AIMS) Group provides investors with investment and advisory solutions, across leading hedge fund managers, private equity funds, real estate managers, public equity strategies and fixed income strategies. The AIMS Group manages globally diversified programs, targeted sector-specific strategies, customized portfolios, and a range of advisory services. Our investors access opportunities through new fund commitments, fund-of-fund investments, strategic partnerships, secondary-market investments, co-investments, and seed-capital investments. With over 275 professionals across eight offices around the world, the AIMS Group provides manager diligence, portfolio construction, risk management, and liquidity solutions to investors, drawing on Goldman Sachs market insights and risk management expertise. We extend these global capabilities to the worlds leading sovereign wealth funds, pension plans, governments, financial institutions, endowments, foundations, and family offices, for which we invest or advise on over $150 billion of alternative investments, public equity strategies and fixed income strategies.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct due diligence and evaluate secondary private equity transactions, with a specific focus on asset-level valuation within portfolios; co-investment opportunities across a broad range of private equity deal types and sectors; and private equity managers for consideration as part of fund-of-funds and or separate account mandates
- Present investment opportunities to the Investment Committee through written and oral presentations, and conduct required follow-up
- Coordinate the execution of investments across all deal types, including working closely with internal (e.g., internal counsel, compliance, cash management) and external parties (e.g., private equity managers, external counsel)
- Monitor the performance and risk profile of existing portfolio investments
- Assist with the creation, drafting and editing of product profiles, pitch books and other marketing materials focused on AIMS services, products and performance
- Preparation of custom presentations for prospective and existing clients related to investment performance, portfolio exposures, concentrations, diversification, etc.
- Prior experience in Corporate Finance/M&A/Leverage Finance/Private Equity is preferred
- Sound investment judgment and outstanding numerical, analytical and valuation skills for the purpose of assessing investment opportunities
- Strong presentation, communication and negotiation skills enabling the candidate to make robust recommendations to the Investment Committee and interact effectively with third parties
- Excellent time, people and project management skills
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet. ? The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2015. All rights reserved.