IED, Equity Swap Trader, Analyst, Hong Kong
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 747 offices in 42 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture. Department Profile
The Institutional Equity Division (IED) is a global leader in the origination, distribution and trading of equity, equity-linked and equity-derivative securities.
Morgan Stanley Prime Brokerage is composed of the Core Prime Brokerage and the Equity Swap business.
The Equity Swap Desk provides synthetic exposure to single stock equities, listed derivatives and index/basket based exposure in the Asia Pacific region. Equity Swap Trader/Risk Manager
• Primary function is to act as a risk manager, product and platform owner for the Equity Swap desk. Day to day management of the workflow from client order capture, execution of hedges as required to provide delta one synthetic exposure to our clients. Work closely with the other distribution and trading teams in the Institutional Equity Division to manage the business.
• Our clients are primarily Prime Brokerage clients and institutional clients of the International Equity Division. Clients originate from the US, Europe and Asia Pacific region. Day to day interaction with our clients will include: client query resolution, product education & information in coordination with other trading and distribution teams in the International Equities Division.
• Risk management of the positions hedging the client delta one exposure requires intra-day and end of day risk sign off, reconciliation and PL sign off ensuring compliance with Firm limits and requirements in conjunction with relevant infrastructure groups of the Firm.
• Coordinate platform and product improvement with technology teams, business strategists and relevant infrastructure groups. Qualifications: Qualifications, Skills and Experience Required
• A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
• Strong analytical skills, including the ability to quickly spot trends and characteristics in high volume data.
• Strong verbal communication skills.
• Ability to effectively use systems and technology; working knowledge of Windows based applications a plus.
• Strong organizational skills, including the ability to coordinate, prioritize, and manage multiple activities.
• Highly detail-oriented self-starter with the ability to maintain a high standard of accuracy.
• Confidence to have constant dialogue with internal and external clients, as well as to communicate with senior management.
• General knowledge of markets. Previous experience on a an Equity Swap desk preferred but not required.