IED, Algo Product Manager, Vice President, Hong Kong
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 17 Feb 19
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 747 offices in 42 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The algorithmic product manager acts as execution consultants for the firm's clients delivering execution strategies and products for listed instruments across multiple asset classes. In conjunction with execution services sales and coverage, Strats and IT, the product manager is responsible for the co-ordination of research, specification and implementation of all aspects of the algorithmic trading platform. The product manager will demonstrate excellent communication skills and demonstrate knowledge of trade scheduling, crossing mechanisms and limit order placement strategies, as well as the software management process and regulatory structure of the various cash, options and futures markets.
Specific areas of focus include:
- Co-ordinate product development across Strats and IT for the BXS, velocity and D1 algorithm stacks.
- Understand the client investment decision (and associated work flow) and recommend and/or develop execution algorithms to service the business.
- Management of a group based in New York to deliver custom algorithms for specialised client needs.
- Prioritise multiple tasks to maximise revenue (PBT).
- Utilise deep understanding of financial markets to spot opportunities for clients that would generate PBT.
- Partner with clients and execution services coverage to provide transparency of the real-time performance of each algorithm.
- Risk assess each algorithmic trading solution.
- Understanding trading behaviour changes required in response to market structure changes and special market events.
- At least ten years of experience working with an electronic trading desk and conducting research, specifications and implementations of an algorithmic trading platform.
- Good understanding of the Asia equity and listed derivative markets.
- Ability to work independently and to drive projects to completion, while proactively ensuring project teams and relevant stakeholders are kept up to date and expectations properly managed
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Must be able to succinctly articulate complex concepts.
- Effective time management, relationship management, negotiation and prioritization skills.
- Thorough knowledge componentized applications, data models and referential data sources.