IBD Operations Officer (Finance), Corporate Finance and Capital Markets
Investment Banking Operations provides administrative and business management support to Corporate Finance and Capital Markets (“CFCM”, known as ‘Investment Banking’) globally, supporting Equity Capital Markets, Equity-linked Issuances, Debt Financing and Merger & Acquisition. This particular Operations Officer (Finance) role serves as a business contact and interacts with Group Administration, Finance & Operations on Expenses & Revenues across all regions (APAC and UK).
Key Areas of Responsibilities
- Expense payments: initiate vendor payments and follow up with necessary senior approvals
- Expense control & reconciliation: consolidate & reconcile deal expenses; provide summary reports upon request; maintain & manage status for all expense accounts
- Expense & revenue invoicing: produce invoice for fee and/or OPE reimbursements; tracking of invoice payment status; follow up on aged outstanding
- P&L calculation & consolidation: communicate with bankers, Finance and Operations team to work out P&L; provide accrual and/or final P&L calculations
- Financial & Management Account summaries: provide monthly financial summaries to Group Finance/COO on behalf of the department
- Management reporting: Maintain up-to-date financial record for management reporting purposes; work closely with Group Finance/COO on monthly report, business plan, revenue and headcount forecast and budget.
- Revenue tracking: track the revenue of different business teams in CFCM from time to time, and monitor their budget completion status
- Liaise with external auditor for yearly finance audit and attend to queries/requirements
- Ad-hoc projects related to Financial Operations and/or Business Management
- Work as contact point between bankers and other functions in the Group, i.e Finance, Tax, Compliance, Internal Audit, etc
- Bachelor degree holder from a reputable institute
- At least 3 years of Management Account Reporting / Financial Controlling experience in Banking / Securities Houses, covering Cash Equity or Fixed Income products.
- Knowledge of ASEAN markets or experience in Investment Banking is a definite plus
- Candidates with less working experience but demonstrates exceptional soft skills may also be considered
- Excellent analytical & problem solving skill
- Multi-tasking skill; able to handle various projects simultaneously and flawlessly
- Proactive and excellent time management
- Excellent organization & attention to details
- Good verbal & written communication skill in English and Chinese (Mandarin); able to articulate and clearly explain complex processes to people with different backgrounds
- Financial Risk Manager (“FRM”) or Certified Public Accountant (“CPA”) status is beneficial but not mandatory
If you are seeking a dynamic environment in which to build your career in CLSA, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Kindly specify the position title in the email subject for job application.
CLSA may collect personal data from you for purposes relating to your engagement with the Company, including human resource management and other business and internal / external compliance purposes. Any personal information and /or data collected and held by the Company may be used by the Company or transferred (whether within/ outside Hong Kong) to any other parties within the Company, subsidiaries and affiliates of the Company, internal or external service providers, or any other relevant parties including governmental or regulatory authorities, for the above purposes.