IBD Legal Counsel
A new headcount for an expanding team, excellent opportunity for a mid-level lawyer to go in-house and support a diversified and dynamic business.
Key Areas of Responsibilities
- Provide legal support to the investment banking team bankers based in Hong Kong, UK and countries in APAC (ex Japan)
- Cover all types of investment banking transactions: IPOs (HK, US, UK, APAC countries and elsewhere), ECM transactions such as blocks and placements, DCM transactions, equity-linked product transactions and M&A advisory (including public and private M&As)
- Prepare and negotiate NDAs, mandates, various transaction documents, such as underwriting agreements, comfort packages, legal opinions
- Advise deal teams on various legal, regulatory, structural, reputational and other transaction-related issues and risks
- Work closely with the IBD compliance team on various regulatory matters in relation to the investment banking business
- Handle internal group projects and conduct certain regulatory researches if required
- Capital markets lawyer qualified in Hong Kong or U.S. or another major jurisdiction with 2 - 4 years of experience focusing on HKIPOs and ECM transactions
- Good knowledge of Hong Kong capital markets regulations (such as the SFO, HKEx listing rules, Takeovers Code and the Code of Conduct) and basic understanding of US securities laws
- Good knowledge of the regulatory framework applicable to investment banks in Hong Kong (in particular the sponsor regime) and possess experience in underwriting documentation negotiation is a plus
- Being comfortable to deal with bankers of all levels
- Able to review and draft documents/agreements in Chinese is a must, conversational Mandarin
If you are seeking a dynamic environment in which to build your career in CLSA, please send your resume to email@example.com. Kindly specify the position title in the email subject for job application.
CLSA may collect personal data from you for purposes relating to your engagement with the Company, including human resource management and other business and internal / external compliance purposes. Any personal information and /or data collected and held by the Company may be used by the Company or transferred (whether within/ outside Hong Kong) to any other parties within the Company, subsidiaries and affiliates of the Company, internal or external service providers, or any other relevant parties including governmental or regulatory authorities, for the above purposes.