Human Resources, Data & Compensation Manager, Associate, Manager or Director, Hong Kong
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 22 Feb 18 2018-02-22
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
Morgan Stanley Human Resources provides advice and insight to attract, retain, reward and develop a talented global workforce, giving employees the support and tools they need to succeed. Our HR professionals partner with each of the firm's businesses to provide a full range of services including: human capital planning; creating strategies to attract, develop and reward employees; promoting a diverse workforce; fostering employee engagement; designing competitive pay and benefit plans; and proactively addressing employee matters.
The Data and Compensation role will be responsible for all HR analytics and related processes covering all countries within Asia. This includes scheduled and ad-hoc reporting as well as analysis and interpretation on compensation metrics, human capital statistics, and market data. The team also facilitates the year-end compensation and promotion processes for the respective business units.
The candidate will manage the workflow and deliverables to a variety of users including, but not limited to, business unit clients, HR coverage, and global HR counterparts. The ability to provide oversight, summarize and prioritize workload is critical. A sizeable portion of the job involves working with Excel and Access, in a detail oriented and demanding environment.
• Human capital reporting and analysis including commentary on headcount, turnover and hiring trends to distribute to HR business partners and Business Units
• Interpretation and presentation of metrics to end user
• Manage and coordinate year end compensation process
• Compensation and promotion reporting and analysis including scenario planning and modelling
• Prepare monthly compensation & other comp expenses accruals and ensure specific guidelines are met
• Conduct reviews & audits of all compensation data prior to monthly accruals, ensuring that audits are improved and HR members are trained where necessary
• Improvement and review of reporting capabilities, compensation platforms and process deliverables to ensure they offer most value to our users
• Creation and distribution of timely reports based on daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly production schedules
• Produce ad-hoc analysis and miscellaneous reporting for key stakeholders including Firm Management
• Serve as point of contact for regional and global comp/data managers in collating critical metrics, manage aspects of global projects, ensuring communication is maintained among different regional and global teams
• Research and analysis on competitive external market data
• Review in the market matching process as well as analysis of the results
• Obtain strong working knowledge of multiple reporting tools used for production and ad hoc reporting
• Communicate, collaborate, and network with all levels of employees and management (in particular HR colleagues), and ensure the integrity and quality of all information produced
• HR Information Systems Liaison for all reporting systems including: Workday, Business Objects and the global compensation systems
• 5 – 8 years Senior Associate, Manager or Director level depending on the candidate's experiences
• Analytic roles in Consulting firm or Data/Compensation experience at a Financial Services firm or Fortune 500 firm
• Financial Reporting experience as it relates to Headcount, Compensation, etc.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to multi-task and work in fast-paced environment
• Possess a strategic view of data representation
• Strong Excel skills (proficient in the use of functions, pivot tables etc)
• Business Objects or similar reporting platform experience a plus
• Aptitude for learning and assimilating new systems and technologies