Human Resources, Compensation Manager, Hong Kong
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 16 Feb 19
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 747 offices in 42 countries.
Morgan Stanley Human Resources provides advice and insight to attract, retain, reward and develop a talented global workforce, giving employees the support and tools they need to succeed. Our HR professionals partner with each of the firm's businesses to provide a full range of services including: human capital planning; creating strategies to attract, develop and reward employees; promoting a diverse workforce; fostering employee engagement; designing competitive pay and benefit plans; and proactively addressing employee matters.
The Compensation role will be responsible for all HR compensation related processes covering all countries within Asia. This includes, but not limited to: BU comp reporting and analytics, compensation governance, market data review and comp benchmarking, adherence to regulatory requirements, various comp projects, etc. The team also facilitates the yearend compensation process for the Asia region and the respective business units.
The candidate will manage the workflow and deliverables to a variety of users including, but not limited to, business unit clients, HR business partners, and regional/global HR counterparts. The ability to provide oversight, summarize and prioritize workload is critical. A sizeable portion of the job involves working with Excel and compensation system platforms, in a detail oriented and demanding environment.
• Compensation reporting and analysis, including scenario planning and modelling, for key stakeholders
• Scheduled (i.e. monthly) or ad hoc compensation & other comp expenses accruals processes and ensuring specific guidelines are met at a regional and global level
• Conduct reviews and audits of all compensation data prior to monthly accruals
• Review in the market data matching process as well as analysis of the results; leverage internal/external intel in order to make informed decisions and recommendations to ensure market competitiveness
• Adherence to risk and governance policies, and where applicable, help enhance/improve processes & policies to minimize risks associated with compensation data
• Improvement and review of compensation reporting capabilities, compensation platforms and process deliverables to ensure they offer most value to our users
• Serve as point of contact for regional & global comp managers (HR & BU) in matters relating to compensation, manage aspects of global projects, and ensuring communication is maintained among different regionally teams
• Training, as applicable, to HR colleagues relating to compensation processes
• Ad hoc and scheduled comp audits where applicable
• Obtain strong working knowledge of multiple compensation and data reporting tools used for production
• Communicate, collaborate and network with all levels of employees and managers (in particular HR colleagues) and ensure the integrity and quality of all information produced
• Involvement in various HR department projects
• 5-7 years relevant experience (compensation, analytical, or compensation related roles in Consulting firms, Financial Services firm or Fortune 500)
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to multi-task, be flexible, and work in a fast-paced environment
• Possess a strategic view of data representation
• Strong Microsoft Word skills, with focus on Excel (proficient in the use of functions/formulas, pivot tables, etc.)
• Aptitude for learning and assimilating new systems and technologies