Human Resources, Campus Recruitment Lead for ISG, Director/Vice President, Hong Kong
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 25 Feb 18 2018-02-25
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
Morgan Stanley Human Resources provides advice and insight to attract, retain, reward and develop a talented global workforce, giving employees the support and tools they need to succeed. Our HR professionals partner with each of the firm's businesses to provide a full range of services including: human capital planning; creating strategies to attract, develop and reward employees; promoting a diverse workforce; fostering employee engagement; designing competitive pay and benefit plans; and proactively addressing employee matters.
The Morgan Stanley Campus Team is responsible for the recruitment of young talent (approximately 700 individuals annually) into Morgan Stanley through the Asia Pacific internship and graduate programs. The team provide an end-to-end recruitment service for all businesses across (marketing, sourcing, assessment, recruitment) and the design and management of the internship program to ensure a best in class program offering.
Morgan Stanley’s Institutional Securities Group (ISG) is comprised of Investment Banking, Global Capital Markets, Fixed Income, Institutional Equity and Research. The Campus Recruitment Lead for ISG will set the campus recruitment strategy across these divisions and oversee the team responsible for the Full Time and Summer Analyst recruiting efforts.
· Coordinate the overall recruitment strategy at undergraduate and graduate level to include attraction, recruitment and on-boarding of entry-level talent across the Front Office divisions
· Determine overall hiring requirements across the Front Office divisions and monitor progress throughout the recruitment season
· Partner with the Head of Campus Marketing & Events (CDRM) on the definition and execution of the front office campus events calendar
· Responsible for ensuring that the Front Office recruitment efforts are aligned to the Firm’s overall campus strategy and that all recruitment processes are conducted in line with Firm Policy and legislation
· Oversee the involvement of line representatives and university alumni in the campus events, recruitment and closing process, ensuring that top talent is deployed to source and on-board graduate talent into the Firm
· Undertake end of season reviews of the front office campus processes and make recommendations for continuous enhancements ensuring the divisions’ campus strategy is competitively aligned and meets ROI goals
· Regular review and enhance the front office candidate selection tools and processes
· Partner with Learning & Development in the annual running of the campus interview skills training
· Partner with the Diversity & Inclusion team on the deployment of the various diversity recruiting plans and initiatives to build on our diversity recruiting successes
· Oversee the candidate referral process, act as a point of escalation and ensure all referral candidates are handled in line with Firm policy
· Work with the Asia Campus Leadership Team to devise and implement metrics and reports that continuously measure the efficiency, success and cost effectiveness of the Front Office campus efforts
· Oversee, manage and monitor spend for front office campus attraction, recruitment and programs; provide regular reporting on ROI and identity opportunities for activation the following season
· Oversee and regularly track campus headcount and progress of candidates through the funnel across all front office divisions, providing regular metrics to HR and divisional management and stakeholders
· Lead and provide strategic direction to direct reports. Establish objectives, manage their performance and coach and develop the wider Front Office campus team members
· Support the campus team recruitment process outsourced provider on all aspects of the account including budgets, resourcing and the appraisal and remuneration process
· Keep up to date with current and impending legislation, developments and changes in the graduate market.
· Keep other members of the HR and campus recruiting function up to date with developments in the Front Office divisions – regularly connect with Coverage partners
· Undertake projects and ad hoc requests as required by the Head of Campus (Asia) and the global campus team.
· Understanding of high volume recruitment processes
· Knowledge of assessment fundamentals
· Knowledge of Asian job market
· The ideal candidate will have a strong experience in graduate recruitment with aspects of program management.
· Sound understanding of Financial Services or related industry.
· Advanced level knowledge of the Asia graduate recruitment landscape (education system, qualifications, skill set requirements by division, etc.).
· A proven track record of translating business needs into effective recruiting strategies.
· Ability to influence and engender trust and credibility with managers at all levels across client groups and with HR colleagues.
· Effective management/supervisory skills - ability to lead, delegate and manage various levels of people.
· Ability to take ownership, to work autonomously and willingness to be accountable.
· Ability to multi-task, to perform effectively and efficiently under pressure and to adapt to change.
· Highly organized with strong attention to detail.
· Credibility with senior management and effective client service focus.
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively.
· Strong results focused attitude and “can- do“ mind-set.
· Strong presentation and communication skills (written and verbal).
· Flexibility with respect to working hours – travel will be required.
Skills Preferred and Other requirements
· MS Excel – Intermediate to Advanced
· MS PowerPoint – Intermediate to Advanced
· MS Word – Advanced
· Experience with candidate databases/ATS
· Degree Level or equivalent
· English – Essential