Our client is a multi-billion asset management firm which invests globally across assets with a focus in the U.S. and Asia. We are currently looking for a quant analyst to be part of its investment team (Global Public Markets). The position also offers an exposure to a variety of investment related projects. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who has a solid foundation in data science/quantitative research and a strong interest in finance and investment.
- Support Portfolio managers, Traders, Operation managers and risk managers in all aspects of investment process
- Conceptualise, test, and integrate models and analyses based on data science into the investment process
- Generate reports regarding investment values, performances, and trends
- Build quantitative tools to enhance analytical library and backtesting framework
- Find data and verify the integrity of data for use in analyses
- Automate routine tasks using scripting languages like Python
- Keep the team updated on the latest trends in tools & technologies, and make improvements on existing processes and systems
Skills and Qualifications:
- Masters or PhD in Computer Science, Data Science, Statistics, or similar fields of studies
- Ideally 2 – 3 years of working experience
- Strong programming skills in at least one of Python, Java, SQL, C++, VBA and web-based languages
- Experience in at least one database tool, e.g., MongoDB, Oracle, MS SQL, Influx
- Experience in Linux operating system
- Fluent in English and Mandarin
- Self-driven with the ability to conduct research independently.