Hong Kong Co-op Programme
For: University undergraduate
Duration: Six months
Areas: Commercial Banking, Global Functions, HSBC Operations, Services and Technology, Retail Banking and Wealth Management
Location: Hong Kong Who can apply?
To be considered for the programme, you will:
What to expect
- Be available to work full-time between July 2020 and December 2020
- Be a second or penultimate-year university student
- Have well-developed language skills in English (Cantonese and Putonghua would be advantageous)
- Have solid PC skills in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Have additional PC skills in Excel (Macro), Access and Projects, and Chinese typing skills would be advantageous
- Have the legal right to work in Hong Kong
Supported by experienced managers, colleagues and a wide network of diverse peers, you'll be encouraged to take on responsibility and bring new ideas to the table. You will be valued as an individual and for the contribution you make.
Work placements generally last around six months and may be eligible for credit equivalencies, subject to university/college requirements.
You can expect practical training that will complement your academic studies, embedding our values while growing your career. During the programme, you will be challenged to use your talents and academic knowledge to add value to the bank and improve your professional and personal skills. Learning, development and support
Our programme will equip you with the skills and experience required to start a successful career with HSBC, as well as the opportunity to develop your professional network with colleagues around the world.
Over the course of the programme, we typically offer:
- The opportunity to build your skills and banking knowledge in a real working environment
- Opportunities to take on responsibilities in a selection of interesting projects