Hong Kong Cash Management, Liquidity Management, Associate
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 22 Apr 18 2018-04-22
See job description for details
Cash Management has primary responsibility for management and funding of the Firms intraday and end of day requirements. With regional hubs located in Asia Pacific, EMEA and Americas, it operates in the sense of a true Firm-wide global utility, Cash Management comprises core functional business lines which include:
- Liquidity Management
- Trade Support
- Cash Analytics
The Liquidity Management role comprises various key elements to include:
- Accurately forecast, efficiently fund, analyse and report on daily currency and legal entity liquidity requirements, both on an intraday and end of day basis.
- Foster critical relationships with Corporate Treasury and the short term Capital Markets team.
- Manage intra-day liquidity requirements including real time cash positions at Agent and Central banks, together with CSD?s.
- Maintain stakeholder relationships - emphasis is placed on the candidate's ability to establish and maintain Firm-wide relationships in order to deliver our core liquidity and change agenda.
- Proactively managing balances within credit and regulatory exposure limits
- Close interaction with Front/Middle Office to understand business requirements, breaking down the silo approach to determine the front to back transactional flow, driving down volatility and the impact on liquidity where possible, to ensure optimum cost effectiveness of settlement.
- Respond to requests from Regulators, working collaboratively across business units to pull required information and data.
- Demonstrating risk ownership, mitigation and clear lines of escalation.
The candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Attention to detail and ability to retain focus, be dynamic to changing funding requirements intra-day.
- An intrinsic ability to identify priorities and deliver timely outputs to a consistently high standard.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A broad understanding and interest in a wide range of products
- Risk management: identifying, escalating and mitigating operational risk.
- An intuitive thinker, able to think and plan ahead.
- A strong team work ethic