KPMG China provides multidisciplinary services from audit and tax to advisory, with a strong focus on serving our clients' needs and their industries. Not only do we have an overriding commitment to provide the highest quality services for our clients, but we also strive to become a responsible corporate citizen that has a positive impact on our environment and community. At KPMG, you'll translate insights into action and reveal opportunities for all-our teams, our clients and our world. Service Line Overview
In KPMG's Management Consulting practice, we do not limit ourselves to either strategy or implementation. Instead, we deliver both. Our team in Hong Kong is the fastest growing division within KPMG China and represents a young and enthusiastic team that always pushes itself to succeed. Since our creation, we have developed in-depth knowledge of an incredibly broad spread of sectors and services. We work with top tier clients across banking, insurance, asset management, real estate, retail, and public sectors in digital transformation to advance operations, drive technology enablement and integrate emerging technologies.
It is an exciting time to join us as we embark on a new phase of our growth journey. We are seeking exceptional Consultant level candidates who have a passion in technology and digitalisation from consulting and relevant backgrounds to support our clients in taking bold actions, bringing them the right insights, tools, and solutions to help them build a future-ready business.
We are now looking for a Data Solution Architect to join our Technology Consulting team. Key Responsibilities
You will work alongside other consultants on a variety of digital, technology, and digital transformation topics. Every project is different, but you can expect to:
Experience & Background
- Ensure a good understanding of our client's needs.
- Lead the Fit/Gap analysis to define the solution design, including to-be processes, solution architecture, integration design, migration approach and non-functional requirements.
- Provide architecture design related on data include but not limited to, data ETL pipeline, DB replications and Change-Data-Capture (CDC), data platform and key components
- Use diagram tools and methodologies to create visual representations on business and application capabilities, features and functions
- Data modelling including entities design and relationship mapping, metadata and data triggers
- Define all aspects of data development activities including technology stacks, development cycle and coding standards
- Lead consultant and data engineers both on-shore and off-shore on the related development takes on the solution, quality check and validate the deliverables is as according to the design document
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in data engineering/data platform development and experienced in ETL and data on-cloud design
- Candidate with less experience will be considered as System Analyst / Associate Architect.
- Passionate about new data technologies and modern data architectural patterns (i.e. Data Streaming Analytics, Big Data Storage, Change Data Capture)
- Evidence of track-records in something like:
- On-permise database/IaaS hosting database migration to DbaaS like AzureSQL, AWS RDS
- Data Platform/Lake technology design and setup on cloud
- MS SQL or Oracle database related stored procedure development
- Experience in architecting, designing and implementing solutions in Microsoft Azure stack using technologies such as - Azure Data factory (ADF), Azure Data Lake, Datrabricks, SQL Server, Synapse Analytics, etc
- Hands on experience in data platform design (data load, zoning, transformation)
- Hands on experience in metadata management tool for data platform (i.e. Data Catalog)
- Understanding of software quality assurance principles
- A technical mindset with great attention to detail
- Good communication and presentation abilities
- Excellent command in both English, Mandarin and Cantonese
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent is preferred
- Certification in Data Engineering (Azure / AWS) is a plus
- Certification in Enterprise Architect (TOGAF) is a plus
- You have a non-stop drive to go out of your comfort zone to guarantee an end-to-end solution
At KPMG China, we are committed to being an equal opportunity employer, with zero tolerance for any form of discrimination against any persons. It is important for us to create an inclusive, diverse and agile workplace for our people to develop and thrive at both a personal and professional level.
We strive to make ESG (environmental, social and governance) a watermark running through our organisation; from empowering our people to become agents of positive change, to providing better solutions and services to our clients. To lead by example, we launched Our Impact Plan (OIP) which includes our ESG commitments and progress across four key pillars - Planet, People, Prosperity and Governance.
We encourage you to come as you are, and we welcome all qualified candidates to apply, and hope you unlock opportunities with us. Visit KPMG China website for more company information.
Please note that all information in this form has been voluntarily supplied and will be used by KPMG for selection purposed only.