Head of iShares, AxJ Wealth Sales
- Not Specified
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 Apr 18 2018-04-18
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2017, the firm managed approximately $6.288 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2017, the firm managed approximately $6.288 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
iShares is the brand name for the world's largest range of Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs), which is marketed and managed by BlackRock. iShares funds are available to institutional investors and private investors and combine the advantages of stocks with the benefits of index funds: iShares can be bought and sold like any other shares listed on a stock exchange and provide instant exposure to an entire index through a single security. They therefore combine the flexibility and tradability of a share with the diversification of a fund.
iShares ETFs were launched in 2000 and have since become the leading Exchange Traded Fund provider with over $1 trillion across more than 750 ETFs globally. iShares ETFs offer clients exposure in various asset classes from developed and emerging market equities to a leading range in fixed income and commodities. The target audience for iShares includes institutional investors as well as financial advisors. The iShares business believes its competitive advantages lie in the depth and breadth of its products, the unique expertise and service of its client relationship teams, and its brand strength.
The role is responsible for iShares ETF business development and distribution to clients in wealth and retail across Hong Kong, Singapore, and South East Asia. This includes maintaining and developing client relationships, leading a sales team, and setting strategic direction to deliver on the goals of the ETF business. The role includes travel for business as required. The successful candidate will collaborate closely with the BlackRock senior sales leads for Wealth and Retail in Asia ex Japan (AxJ).
- Work with the head of iShares AxJ distribution to develop and execute on a detailed sales strategy with focus on promoting the benefits and extending the usage of iShares ETFs.
- Deliver on personal and team revenue/business targets, and act as senior sales lead to broaden and deepen client base and usage of iShares ETFs.
- Plan and execute client roadshows, meetings, events and seminars to represent iShares and build a broader understanding and usage of iShares ETFs.
- Proactively deliver relevant content, product information, and investment solutions tied to research, analytics, and market insights to target clients.
- Team-based approach to coordinate sales strategy and approach with global and regional teams. Import global “best practices” and ensure communication of AxJ business globally. Work with the wider BlackRock Asia wealth/retail sales teams to identify and increase iShares opportunities across the platform.
- Actively contribute to the success of the iShares sales leadership team.
- Identify and execute on new client partnerships. Understand each client’s due diligence process and investment requirements and develop a strategic relationship with relevant gatekeepers and senior management through active coverage.
- Monitor ongoing client structure, client investment objectives, benchmarks, progress and holdings.
- Provide top market intelligence to help guide regional strategy, current product enhancement efforts, as well as new product development initiatives.
- Diligent use of client relationship management tools to record client activity/interaction.
- Prepare client materials and reports for management, maintain database of client holdings and trades.
- Responsible to ensure that all regulatory and legal requirements and standards are met.
Qualifications / Experience Required:
- 7-10 years of relevant or financial industry experience.
- Sales experience gained from working in a high quality sell side firm selling cash equities, derivatives, or fixed income products.
- Proven expertise in promoting investment products to sophisticated clients.
- Strong client relationships preferably with private banks in the region.
- Proven team leadership ability.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and experience in business building.
- Excellent presentation, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Fluent English speaker, Mandarin and/or Cantonese an advantage.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the processes and platforms in the business model of clients.
- Understanding of product set – preferably both ETFs and competitive landscape of delta 1 products. Experience with index or index linked fund products and/or structured/derivatives products is an advantage.
- Experience in managing relationships with multi-level contacts, externally and internally. The ability to engage with senior level investment professionals and be both a consultative and strategic seller. Outstanding relationship management skills and ability to become a trusted client advisor.
- Understanding of the regulatory requirement in the region and sense of the medium and long-term opportunities for iShares.
- Self-motivated individual, with a commitment to excellence.
- BA/BS degree in related field; MBA or CFA is preferred.
- Strong time management
- Strong team player, who is able to collaborate credibly internally in order to leverage the Firm’s resources locally as well as globally
- Professional integrity and loyalty
- Licensing: Type 1 and 4 (can be obtained on the job)
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.