This is one of the up-and-coming Fintech Firm in Hong Kong. With the development of new technology and digitization in the business, they are now looking for a senior risk professional to join as the Head of Risk.
The CRO will lead, build, and strengthen company’s overall risk capabilities, including building of an effective credit model with algorithms. The incumbent will design and implement the company's credit policies, ensure ongoing business are in line with the company's risk appetite, and regulatory guidelines.
The CRO will provide support to the business on raising awareness on risk management standards manage risk portfolio, credit process, and remedial management. In addition, the person will manage and conduct firm-wide stress tests and gap analyses on the risk portfolios. Overall responsibility of developing predictive models and supporting CEO and Board on the risk exposure of the company.
- Designing and implementing the firm’s risk management strategies and credit policies, ensuring ongoing business are in line with the platform’s risk appetite and regulatory guidelines.
- Managing the entire corporate credit approval process for lending products and company’s asset portfolios
- Oversee the credit risk analytics function and improve the analysis of credit risk
- Build a strong credit approval and ensure high credit quality standards
- Review credit policies and procedures and streamlining the efficiency of credit approval process with sound delegation of authority for credit approvers
- As part of the Credit Committee, approving corporate credit transactions
- Act as one of the key contacts with the regulators and external auditors in relation to credit risk management issues
- Formulating new credit approval guideline, process or underwriting standards and continuing to enhance credit approval turnaround
- Identify and specify areas where utilizing machine learning to automate the credit risk processes is possible
- 15+ years of Corporate Credit Approval experience with at least 5 years as a department head
- Bachelor’s/Master’s or Post Doctorate degree in quantitative disciplines
- Relevant experience in risk management covering across market risk, credit and operational risk discipline
- Strong analytical and/or IT skills (SQL, Java, or Matlab)
- Hands-on experience in approving large size and complex transaction and possess ability to make sound judgement in relations to credit approval
- Proven experience as a CRO or equivalent leadership role
- Strong entrepreneurial and “think-out-of-box” mindset with creative ideas in utilizing new tools for process improvement / optimization for the credit risk processes
- Good understanding of regulatory requirement related to credit risk management
- Good knowledge of Trade Finance / Structured Trade Finance / Supply Chain Finance start-ups sector in Asia will be an advantage
- High energy, able to work collaboratively across functions to build and drive business
- Fluency in English and Chinese is essential
For interested parties, please do not hesitate to contact Maggie Li at firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential conversation.