Endowus is Asia's leading fee-only digital wealth platform. Headquartered in Singapore, we are the first digital advisor to span both private wealth and public pension savings (CPF & SRS), helping all investors grow their money with expert advice, institutional access to financial solutions, low & fair fees, and a delightful personalised digital wealth experience.
Our clients entrust us with a responsibility that goes far beyond technology or financial markets - they entrust us with their wealth - their livelihoods and ambitions of a better future for themselves and their loved ones. Our mission is clear: help people invest better so they can live easier today, and better tomorrow. The people you will work with
The team has deep domain knowledge in finance and technology, bringing together decades of experience at Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, UBS, Credit Suisse, The Blackstone Group, AQR, Grab, Dropbox, Lyft, Redmart, Carousell, Bytedance, Grab, Kakao, Alibaba, and more. See our leadership team here . We practise inclusion and treasure our diversity in background and experience. A diverse team is our biggest asset and we look for people who share our belief in Endowus' clear mission. Investors, recognition, licensing
Endowus is backed by global leading strategic and venture capital investors including UBS, Samsung Ventures, EDBI, Prosus Ventures, ZVC, Singtel Innov8, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and SoftBank Ventures Asia.
Endowus has been recognised by the industry with the following awards: Singapore's Rising Star and Fintech Innovation (Asia Asset Management's Best of the Best Awards 2021), LinkedIn Top Start-ups 2021, WealthTech of the Year (Asia FinTech Awards 2021), and the top 15 Singapore's Best Workplaces Award (Great Place to Work).
Endowus is licensed by the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS). About this team
Risk & Compliance Department at Endowus is looking for a talented risk & compliance officer to join a growing team in Hong Kong. Be ready to be agile and support a wide spectrum of work. Endowus is one of the leading digital advisory players in Singapore and targeting to launch in Hong Kong this year and eventually grow across the APAC region in the next few years. Endowus operates within a complex and interwoven legal, regulatory, and financial partnership environment. About this role; responsibilities & ownership
Requirements & qualifications
- Serve as risk and compliance officer for Endowus Hong Kong with matrix reporting to the Head of Risk & Compliance in Singapore.
- Work closely with product, product operations, investment office, marketing, client experience and other teams to understand and appropriately manage regulatory, and non-financial risks pertaining to Hong Kong.
- Work with client experience, product, investment office and other teams at Endowus to support roll-out of new product solutions in Hong Kong.
- Manage the ongoing SFC licensing requirements, and provide oversight in business conduct, staff licensing and other compliance matters including financial crime, technology risk, and personal data protection.
- Managing our relationship with our local regulator.
- Support Headquarters in developing and maintaining policies and procedures in line with Hong Kong regulatory requirements.
- Build knowledge amongst the team to understand the latest regulatory developments that affect the business and provide interpretation.
- Implements the Risk & Compliance Committee and Enterprise Risk Management Framework for Hong Kong and ongoing governance including oversight of operational incidents.
Nice to haves
- 8 years and above of compliance experience within wealth management, asset management, brokerage firm, or robo-advisory including managing relationships with regulators.
- An ability to distill complexity and to identify and clearly communicate practical, risk-based solutions.
- An ability to communicate effectively with a range of stakeholders-from internal parties to external partners.
- A passion for learning about disruptive fintech business models and the intricacies of how they are structured.
- Great organizational, prioritisation and analytical skills.
- Self-motivated, proactive and detail oriented personnel.
Benefits & perks
- Be curious and possibly do things outside of your comfort zone.
- Love to learn and do a quick study on new things, how they work, and what they do and to problem-solve creatively.
- Thrive working in a team in a fast-paced environment with priorities that frequently change and occasionally compete.
Note: * is only applicable to Full-Time employees
- Stock options in a fast growing company *
- Employee discount for investing at Endowus
- Flexible working hours and locations so you can live life and your best work - you are trusted to be responsible
- Competitive Staff Benefits; Annual Leave, Medical insurance, Dental *
- Productivity Equipment; Omnidesk Standing Desk & Ergonomic Chairs, Dell UltraSharp USB Type-C Monitor, high-end computer peripherals
- Choice of Apple or PC equipment
- Additional S$250 /HKD 1450 budget for your favourite hardware to boost productivity *