Exciting opportunity to join a leading Asian Alternative Investments firm with more than 10 years' solid track record and multi-billion dollars in AUM. Our client is looking to hire a Head of Operations, to be based in their Hong Kong office, who will manage a team in handling all fund operations matters and report to the COO and the Senior Management team.
- Oversee fund operations function including trade settlement, daily trade/position reconciliation flows, fund valuations, cash and liquidity management, PnL reporting, etc.
- Liaise with prime brokers, fund administrator and other counterparties to resolve operational issues
- Support business development functions in investors' operational due diligence meetings
- Add value across business functions and reinforce existing risk framework and regulatory monitoring process
- Lead bespoke projects and increase efficiencies in the fund operations process
- Work closely with internal teams including portfolio managers and executive management teams
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting, finance, economics, or related field
- Minimum 10-15 years of work experience in the Hedge fund industry
- Buyside experience is a must, additional experience from a fund administrator or Big 4 will be beneficial
- Technically strong in fund accounting/operations, particularly in equities
- Private equity experience is an advantage
- Experience managing/supervising small teams is required
- English and Cantonese fluency is required to liaise with internal teams, fluency in Mandarin to liaise with investors is a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills, communication skills and leadership skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage various projects