Head of Operations, Asia Pacific, Global Markets - Vice President
Who we are looking for
Reporting directly to the Asia Pacific COO and matrix reporting to the Global Head of Operations, this position leads Operations for Asia Pacific businesses including Securities Finance, Foreign Exchange, Collateral, Treasury, Portfolio Solutions and Database Management. This includes management of staff in Beijing, Hong Kong, Sydney, Seoul, Taipei and Tokyo and oversight of operational activities performed for Global Markets in SSC hubs (China and India). Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Markets (SSGM). When owners and managers of institutional assets need research, trading, securities lending and innovative portfolio strategies, they turn to SSGM business unit. As our investment research and trading arm, SSGM's number one goal is to enhance and preserve our clients' portfolio values by applying technology, optimizing trading, and linking asset classes and markets across the world.
Join us if making your mark in the capital markets industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As Head of Operations, you will
What we value
- Provide high-quality support for the SSGM business lines in Asia Pacific leveraging both direct resources and through outsourcing arrangements to State Street Corporation entities
- Manage the SSGM Operations teams in Asia Pacific (40+ FTE) ensuring they meet their business deliverables
- Ensure operational alignment with the Asia Pacific Global Markets business to the global technology and global transformation model
- Collaborate with the Asia Pacific COO and Global Heads of Operations to ensure the regional operations strategy is aligned with the global strategy and model
- Support regional business initiatives and growth
- Develop a strong and engaged workforce through development of existing staff and recruitment of new talent as required
- Maintain regional business continuity plans across operations
- Ensure the regional operational teams demonstrate client service excellence
- Maintain a robust risk excellence framework and culture, including timely escalation
- Ensure activities outsourced to partner providers has robust framework and meet jurisdictional outsourcing requirements and regulations
- Represent and/or be the delegate for Global Markets COO at Asia Pacific oversight forums and management committees
- Maintain strong working relationships with internal counterparts and gain information about industry trends by participating in forums and working groups
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Demonstrate skills in problem assessment and resolution as well as collaborative problem solving in a complex setting
- Possess excellent communications skills within an organization and with clients
- Proven ability to detect emerging trends, and encourage and make recommendations for creative change
- Proven ability to handle multiple priorities and lead team efforts
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, written, and oral presentations skills
About State Street What we do.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance or other related field
- Experience leading teams with proven senior management experience
- Sound knowledge on global market operations
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers