Head of Operational Compliance
- Basic + Bonus + Equilty
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- 21 Feb 18 2018-02-21
Our compliance team is highly technical and detail-oriented, and we love to get down into the nitty-gritty of our in-app processes to ensure that we’re meeting (and even setting) best practice in the fintech industry. Compliance plays a crucial role for Monaco’s long term vision and success.
Monaco with a vision of Cryptocurrency in Every WalletTM is the pioneering payments and cryptocurrency platform. The Monaco Visa card and mobile app allow users to buy, exchange, and spend fiat and cryptocurrencies, such as bitcoin and ethereum, at perfect interbank exchange rates. Founded in June 2016, Monaco raised US$26.7 million through one of the most successful Token Sale events to date. The company is headquartered in Switzerland with offices in Hong Kong and Singapore. Monaco Visa cards can be reserved with the Monaco app available for download for iOS and Android users.
- You create compliant AML policies and procedures. As well as the actual screening and taking the necessary actions on AML suspicion is handled in your domain.
- The KYC, CDD, ECDD and PEP / Sanction Screening processes and execution are owned by you. To allow global expansion at cost, you will need to come up with the right level of automation.
- The processes on SAR’s is setup and managed by you and your team. You keep a clear and complete reporting on SAR’s and regularly inform the board of directors about findings and propose actions and improvements.
- You and your team own the processes of responding to RFI’s (from banks) – ensuring a clear and transparent relationship with our partnering banks.
- You create processes and procedures on client, product and business practices.
- ★The global BCP and DRP are drafted, maintained and tested by you.
- Internal operational controls are inputted and rigorously tested by you.
- You collaborate closely with the Cybersecurity Officer in safeguarding the operations from external and internal threats and anticipate risks which are reported and tracked.
- You prepare and maintain complete compliance reporting and dashboards.
What We're Looking For
- Worked with 3rd party solutions in the field of KYC, PEP / Sanction, AML etc. You can advise on best practices in working with such external 3rd party solutions.
- Solid understanding of setting up a SAR processes and ability to categorize a SAR based on the business setup and potential risk.
- Dealt with bank RFI’s before and are aware on information the banks require.
- Designed internal processes and procedures in a financial environment.
- Setup BCP’s and DRP’s in the past.
- At least 4-year experience in a senior compliance / risk role, preferably in a Payment Processor, Alternative Payment Provider, PSP, Acquirer, Issuer, Gaming / Gambling, Forex, e-com merchant
- Excellent verbal and written English