- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
Head of Mortgage Model Development & Regional Head of Model Risk, HK & GCNA
- Location: Hong Kong
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Head of Mortgage Model Development & Regional Head of Model Risk, HK & GCNAAbout Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Supervising and coordinating all related processes where Model Risk Management is the identified as process owner across the GCNA region
- Act as main point of contact for internal and external stakeholders regarding Model Risk Management and Governance.
- Ensure compliance with local laws and regulations that the Risk function has first or second line responsibility under the Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
- Continuously improve the operational efficiency and effectiveness of risk management processes within Model Risk Governance
- Uphold and reinforce the independence of Model Risk Management from those whose primary responsibility is to maximize short-term revenues and profits
- Ensure the provision of ongoing training and people development of the Model Risk Governance
- Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values within Model Risk Management and across the wider organization
- Model Risk Management Governance of risk management models ranging from Internal Rating Based Approach (IRB) credit risk models, traded risk models, IFRS9 models and stress testing models (including maintain up-to-date model inventory and validation status tracking against the agreed remediation plan)
- Maintain a good understanding of the requirements of key external stakeholders (including HK Banking (Capital) Rules, HK Banking Ordinance and HKMA Supervisory Policy Manual)
Our Ideal Candidate
- Team management and senior stakeholder management across different geographies.
- Advanced qualitative, statistical modelling skills; experienced in analytical tools (e.g. SAS)
- Advanced degree holder in Mathematics / Statistics or Computer Science / Engineering
- Knowledgeable of Financial Industry and credit risk techniques (substantive experience in retail banking, corporate banking and/or portfolio risk management roles).
- Experience with implementation of Basel standards and the implications thereof the issues relating to regulatory compliance and financial reporting, and how these issues translate into requirements for management information
- Experience with communicating with relevant external stakeholders, such as HKMA.
Experience & Qualifications
- Educated to degree level;
- Broad experience in Banking industry;
- Knowledge and understanding of regulatory models requirements, front office pricing models, IFRS9 models
- Prior experience in Finance/Risk/Compliance/Audit/Governance, and
- Understanding of financial reporting systems and standards (including IFRS 9), and / or project management / technology change preferred
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.