Head of M&A corporate services
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Profile Search & Selection Hong Kong
- 17 Apr 19
Our client is a leading corporate services firm who, due to internal promotion is looking for a internal mergers and aquisitions professional to join their team, working with the CFO.
This role's primary objective is to work with the CFO, CEO, Chairman and the senior leadership team to execute the M&A strategic plan. This will involve actively sourcing potential targets, building relationships and negotiating with potential acquisition candidates globally. The role will then lead on coordinating due diligence, closing the deal, and post closure integration, working with the Head of Integration.
· Working with the CFO to lead the group's M&A practice and associated activity including: the identification, sourcing, meeting, qualification/screening, valuation, and negotiation with targets.
· Responsible for the full acquisition life cycle, from agreeing objectives, building a pipeline of target candidates, validating these for timing, fit and valuation then moving to deal closure and sponsorship of integration;
· Identifying acquisition targets which fit the Group's strategy, including product and geographic expansion and building a solid pipeline , working closely with Divisional and Regional MDs to validate deals and ensure they are appropriate;
· Perform financial modelling, cash flow projections and valuation analysis for proposed targets to support the proposed purchase price and structure.
· Responsible for the preparation of compelling business cases to support the acquisitions and presenting these to the senior leadership team for approval to proceed.
· Evaluate, test and size the efforts required for the post-acquisition integration plan.
· Apply proper GAAP/IFRS Accounting treatment to transactions. Define and document accounting issues, general as well as, purchase accounting considerations.
· Working with senior leadership to negotiate and agree transaction structures and assist with price and contract negotiations, from LOI through the purchase agreement stages;
· Manage the financial due diligence process on transactions, including the selection and direction of the audit and tax firms. Incorporate findings into the business case and valuation.
· Drive and own the deal closing process, working with senior leadership, legal and compliance groups together with managing groups of external service providers covering all separate lines of diligence;
· Work closely with the Head of Integration and the business workstream owners, targeting a typical '100 day to close' integration cycle; and
The ideal candidate will have at least 8 years experience, some of which will be as the Head of M&A or within Big 4 corporate finance division. An accounting qualification will be well viewed.