Head of Legal, Greater China This position is based in our Hong Kong office and the successful candidate will report to the Head of RGE in Hong Kong and the Head of Legal, Corporate in RGE’s Singapore headquarters. He/she will manage a core team of 4 lawyers & 4 legal support staff in Hong Kong and coordinate the team of lawyers in China. You will also work as part of a team with the other regional heads of legal located in RGE’s other regions as well as be part of the larger global RGE Group legal community.
- Provide legal support over a wide range of legal and commercial areas, such as product banking, M&A, manufacturing, marketing and distribution; trade and fair competition; vendor and other commercial contracts management; corporate structure and secretarial support; labour and employment; company policies and procedural documents, etc;
- Manage dispute resolution; identifying, developing and managing external counsel to ensure timely, cost-efficient expert advice to the business.
- Support Corporate Legal in establishing, maintaining and monitoring corporate policies;
- Work with the Corporate Legal and China Legal to advise on intellectual property strategy, protection and manage IP enforcement actions via external counsel and internal stakeholders;
- Advise on and have direct involvement with some external stakeholder-mapping and other strategic external relations activities in collaboration with dotted line manager and External Affairs when necessary;
- The role will be a key support to the core business Management team that oversees a successful and growth-orientated nutrition business in a major market for the Company;
- Minimum 15 years PQE with law degree and license to practice in a common law jurisdiction. Experience needs to have been across a variety of legal areas (commercial, corporate, dispute resolution) preferably both in private practice and in-house;
- English and Chinese language: fluent Mandarin and English;
- Experience and familiarity with Asian management structures and styles (if in-house background, must have been with MNC or internationally-orientated China entity; if law firm background, must have interacted with management in large corporations as clients);
- High integrity & strong ethical standards;