Head of IT
- Considering candidates up to 1.7mil HKD
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Oliver James Associates
- 15 Oct 18
Hong Kong's insurance market is saturated with top performing international companies, but one in particular stands out above the rest. Leading the way in the digital frontier and tech savvy solutions across the regions. My client is expanding and aims to further establish their top performing technology division. We are looking for an experienced, ambitious and capable IT leader to take charge and redefine the long-term insurance strategy from a technologists perspective. Insurance experience is not required. A background in B2C, Retail, Customer Service, Transaction Processing and Digital will be a valued asset.
As the Head of IT you will hit the ground running and take control of 20 on-site direct reports to help deliver high quality work teams. Plan, direct and control innovative IT projects and establish IT systems, policies and procedures.
This position sits within the senior management and is a key part of the decision making and direction of the business.
- Direct and control regional IT projects
- Plan and implement long-term IT strategic plans
- Advise business heads on IT strategies and development
- Implement group compliance policies and procedures
- Handle IT procurement
- Establish and maintain key internal relationships
- Lead, manage and grow an effective IT team across various lines of business
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related IT qualification
- 15 years IT experience across banking, insurance, retail, B2C or finance industry
- At least 5 years in a senior leadership position
- English, Cantonese and Mandarin preferred
- Insurance experience/knowledge is not require