Head of Global Treasury APAC, Vice President
What you will be responsible for
As Head of Global Treasury APAC, you will manage Global Treasury's activities in Asia Pacific. This includes:
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Monitor day to day activity of Liability Management trading desks in Hong Kong and Sydney. Ensure all trading is done in compliance with all applicable policies and limits. Provide trading coverage as necessary.
- Act as chairperson and oversee activities of APAC Asset/Liability Committee.
- Liaise with global business partners across the region on any issues involving Global Treasury. Take the initiative to keep them informed about Global Treasury activities and actions which will affect client deposit pricing.
- Monitor activities of Global Markets traders in Seoul, Taipei and Beijing on behalf of Global Treasury. Ensure alignment with internal and external policy requirements.
- Oversee liquidity management in region, including interactions with local regulators on liquidity matters and any liquidity reporting.
- Assess requirements for ALM and Capital analysis at APAC branches and liaise as appropriate with global colleagues to ensure compliance with local regulatory requirements.
- Represent Global Treasury in any project teams for acquisitions or new business initiatives (NBPRAs) in the region.
- Represent Global Treasury on any working groups in the region which will impact the APAC balance sheet or currency management. Provide feedback/ updates to Global Treasury colleagues.
- Participate in local branch management forums as required (Management Committee, Risk Committee). Also participate in regional forums (Risk Excellence Committee, etc.).
- Represent State Street and Global Treasury in industry bodies or conferences as appropriate.
- Solid experience in global treasury or related areas
- Bachelor's degree in business, economics, finance, or other related field required
- Self-starter with willingness to work in a fast-paced, high-energy environment
- Independent and critical thinking skills and strong financial acumen
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with ability to articulate effectively ideas and technical concepts to non-technical audiences, senior management and regulators
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively interact with stakeholders in different countries and regions