Head of Fraud and Transaction Monitoring, Hong Kong - Compliance
Some careers shine brighter than others
If you're looking for a career that will help you stand out, join HSBC and fulfil your potential.
Compliance is a global function that brings together all aspects of regulatory and financial crime risk management. Acting as risk stewards, and incorporating a range of specialist teams, we work together with the business and leverage advanced technology to help HSBC navigate a complex regulatory landscape and embed a sustainable approach to compliance risk management that supports safe growth and serves customers fairly. Compliance aspires to continuously raise the bar and set leading standards across the industry to help HSBC safeguard its customers and the communities within which it operates.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Head of Fraud and Transaction Monitoring, Hong Kong
. Principal responsibilities
- The role is a key risk management and oversight role that will provide direction and oversee the development and implementation of Transaction Monitoring (TM) as a key ML Risk Control capability of the Bank.
- Provide advice and challenge to the 1LOD on all aspects of material internal and external Fraud Risk events.
- Acting as Risk Steward for Transaction Monitoring and Fraud Risk and overseeing the activities of multiple Compliance sub-functions (COO, HOST, FCTM, Transformation, GRA and etc.) and closely support the roll-out of multiple TM projects, and providing independent review and challenge the activities of the 1LOD to have met the minimum standards of fraud risk management and fraud risk reporting.
- Focus on developing and implementing, working closely with the sub-functions, global and country governance capabilities to support monitor, control and continually improve the TM framework across all key pillars of TM, including Risk Assessments, Systems and Data, Rules and Scenarios, People and Processes, Governance, Feedback loop for continual tuning and improvement.
- Manage, raise awareness and assist in implementation of Fraud Control Policy and Strategy in order to highlight fraud risk weaknesses and mitigate fraud losses to the Asia Pacific region.
- Responsible for the setting and maintenance of the overall strategic direction for Transaction Monitoring across the Country and Lines of Businesses within HSBC, working collaboratively with the Lines of Business and other Compliance functions locally.
- Responsible for Fraud Risk advising and guiding in setting risk appetite, policy guidance, definition and interpretation assistance, oversight activities and consulting on dispensation requests from country / region.
- To drive change in culture with respect to the management of AML Risk (associated with TM) and Fraud Risk, in accordance with the three lines of Defence model.
- To manage the inter-linked and competing demands of developing, implementing and improving strategic Financial Crime compliance systems and controls on a Regional wide basis.
- To respond to and anticipate the requirements of local law and regulation.
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
- Seasoned professional with direct experience of AML
- Extensive working knowledge of all aspects of Transaction Monitoring controls (at strategic and operational level), gained within large financial banks
- Strong understanding of how Transaction Monitoring control mitigates Financial Crime Compliance Risk and the various underpinning activities forming the Transaction Monitoring programme
- Proficient knowledge of AML and CTF issues across the financial services industry
- Excellent oral, written communication and presentation skills, inter-personal skills and dealing with executives at all levels
- Proven ability to confidently work with and influence senior stakeholders and business sponsors.
- Proven ability to work across lines of business and regions whilst maintaining a global perspective
- Very strong analytical, decision-making, lateral thinking skills, with demonstrated ability to identify links between programmes of work
- Strong skills to handle multiple and critical tasks, running in parallel.
- Strong experience in dealing with fraud threats accurately and promptly.
- Good knowledge of products and processes and a thorough understanding of business needs and operational constraints is also required in order to balance fraud prevention with customer service.
- Proven ability to keep abreast of recent and ever changing fraud trends and ensuring steps are taken to address fraud risk.
- Deep understanding of evolving fraud threat landscape and it's materiality to HSBC and the control environment.
- Proactive approach to nature of role and evolving fraud threats, making recommendations and escalating issues in a timely manner.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.