- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Commonwealth Bank of Australia
- 17 Jan 18
Head of Financial Crime Compliance
Head of Financial Crime ComplianceJob no: 996809
Work type: Permanent full time
Location: Hong Kong
Categories: Risk Management & Compliance
CBA - International Financial Services (IFS) is the business unit responsible for driving the Group's emerging markets growth strategy, across Asia and Africa. This will be achieved through a ground breaking digital strategy for retail and SME customers, focused on financial inclusion.
The primary purpose of this role:
Working for IFS offers you the opportunity to work in a fast paced, agile environment where decision are made and acted on quickly. We offer you the opportunity to be part of a start-up environment - we are building a digital bank backed by the strength and security of the CBA Group.
This position will play a key role in the IFS Risk Leadership Team supporting the IFS business in understanding and managing their risks.
More specifically your main duties will include:
- Develop strong relationship with your stakeholders and act as a trusted adviser who also has the courage to challenge & review.
- Establishing an effective operating model for the financial crime and related areas programs across IFS, i.e. AML/CTF, Sanctions and Anti-Bribery & Corruption. To do this you will be required to build strong relationships with both Group Risk and your colleagues in the Business Risk teams. You will work closely with them to ensure clear accountabilities and ownership of Financial Crime Compliance.CC.
- Providing reporting to the the IFS leadership team and other internal stakeholder groups.
- Staying abreast of regulatory change and industry issues and share the insights with Line 1
- Building awareness and knowledge on Financial Crime Compliance, including running training sessions.
- Lead the IFS Financial Crime Compliance function, including the implementation of a risk strategy aligned to the business agreed risk appetite.
What will make you successful??
- 10+ years Financial Crime Compliance management
- Strong commercial acumen to assist the business beyond meeting minimum regulatory compliance
- Deep expertise in AML/CTF, Sanctions and Anti-Bribery & Corruption requirements
- Strong commercial acumen and strategic thinking
- Prior experience in start-up and managing complexity
- Experience in financial services regulatory engagement.
At IFS opportunities are there for the taking. If want to be part of our purpose and live and lead through our values, we can offer exciting development opportunities through expanded lateral roles, stretch assignments or people leadership. We are committed to building a respectful and inclusive workplace, appointing the best person for the role, supporting diversity. All information will be held in the strictest of confidence.
Advertised: 12 Dec 2017 China Standard Time
Applications close: 26 Jan 2018 China Standard Time
It's our people's talent, initiative, ideas and energy that help us achieve great things, together.