Head of Expat Distribution, Asia Pacific - Retail Banking and Wealth Management
Some careers have more impact than others.
If you're looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you'll be.
Retail Banking and Wealth Management serves millions of customers worldwide with a complete range of banking and wealth management services to enable them to manage their finances and protect and build their financial futures. It is a global business that brings together management responsibility for Retail Banking, Wealth Management, Insurance and Asset Management with a focus on customer-centric propositions and innovative and efficient distribution channels.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Head of Expat Distribution, Asia Pacific
. Principal responsibilities
- Acquiring new customers, unlocking new referral corridors and deepening and retaining existing relationships
- Ensure strong financial discipline is in place to effectively manage the revenue and costs of the Hong Kong Branch
- Driving strong engagement in collaboration with key Country, Regional and Group teams
- Ensuring strong focus on customer centricity and driving right customer outcomes
- Maintaining a balanced approach to risk management through the maintenance of HSBC's internal control standards and all necessary Compliance standards.
- Promoting, coordinating and championing a positive approach to all tactical and strategic initiatives across the team.
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
- Relevant product knowledge
- Experience working in relevant environments, i.e. regulated environment
- Role relevant qualifications specific to Hong Kong regulatory framework and requirements for Hong Kong Monetary Authority and Securities and Futures Commission registration
- Level 4 diploma qualification, equivalent to QCF level 4 qualification is required
- Past working experience in a relevant role, i.e. proven experience working in a regulated leadership role.
- Past working experience on relevant systems
- Experience of using relevant software packages
- Proven experience of leading the delivery of an excellent customer service and proactively look for innovative ways to improve the service delivered to customers
- Proven experience of leading others and creating an environment that supports and inspires people to develop and deliver
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills with experience of successfully influencing others, negotiating effectively and winning over audiences with compelling and persuasive presentations
- Built effective networks across business areas, developing relationships based on mutual trust and encouraging others to do the same
- A comprehensive understanding of risk management and proven experience of ensuring own and others' compliance with relevant regulatory processes
- A track record of successfully identifying and developing significant, complex business propositions, that attract and entrench customers, in a fair and ethical way
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.