Head of Credit, Private Bank, Chinese FI
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Pure Search Hong Kong , EA Licence No: 12S5954
- 12 Dec 17 2017-12-12
Our client is a large and established Chinese Bank. They are currently seeking for a high calibre Head of Credit to join their Private banking arm in Hong Kong.
- To lead the team covering credit underwriting, credit admin, credit control and product risk control
- Monitor the credit portfolio quality against established criteria and other risk profiling factors and adjusting existing credit framework as appropriate
- Underwrite credit proposals within delegated authority and ensure the credit approval complies with policies, competitive and consistent with Management’s risk appetite
- Manage collateral shortfall/limit excess to achieve timely rectification
- Carry out pro-active review and surveillance of credit portfolio, conduct stress test on credit quality during volatile market environment to identify key risk factors and propose risk mitigation measures
- Manage the Credit Administration team to ensure perfection of lien and charge
- Establish, review and maintain Credit Procedures, Guidelines & Strategies to facilitate business unit in achieving the objectives without compromising the quality of the lending portfolio
- Provide credit solutions to Relationship Manager and assist them in attaining the business target
- Review and set lending ratios to financial instruments (equities, bonds, funds, structured products), and conduct collateral review on regular basis.
- Drive various system development projects to enhance the trading platform of Private Banking, study the system logics and provide inputs from credit’s perspective to ensure effective coverage on credit risk control reporting
- Degree holder in Banking & Finance, Business Administration, Accounting or related disciplines.
- Strong managerial skills with good track record, and prepared to work under pressure
- Sound knowledge of Private Banking Credit with minimum 15 years relevant experience, and be familiar with private banking credit procedures, products and local regulatory requirements
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good command of English & Chinese, proficiency in written Chinese and fluent Mandarin speaking is an advantage
Should you wish to have a confidential discussion, please contact Fabienne Cheng at 2520 5073