Head of Conversational Banking Innovation - Retail Banking and Wealth Management
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- 02 Nov 17 2017-11-02
Some careers have more impact than others.
If you’re looking for a role where you can continue to make an impression, take the next step at HSBC where your contributions will always be valued.
Retail Banking and Wealth Management serves more than 50 million customers worldwide with a complete range of banking and wealth management services to enable them to manage their finances and protect and build their financial futures. It is a global business that brings together management responsibility for Retail Banking, Wealth Management, Insurance and Asset Management with a focus on customer-centric propositions and innovative and efficient distribution channels.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Head of Conversational Banking Innovation.
In this role, you will
- Design and implement enterprise grade modular, AI infused, conversational banking platform enabling natural language understanding, generation and digital conversational management across multiple markets and languages and across existent and emerging voice based and text based digital touch points
- Lead an interdisciplinary team to enable natural language and rich conversational interactions using cutting edge technologies and components combining knowledge based techniques and machine learning
- Design, implement and scaling of core conversational and contextual AI engine
- Contribute to building and driving digital strategic and operational initiatives in innovation and messaging, coordinating with global and regional C level and other senior stakeholders in HSBC
- Ensure that initiatives are adequately and consistently planned, resourced and executed
- Support innovation and messaging in driving drive quarterly and annual business planning and business review processes working across geographies and functions
- Responsible for relevant operational tools, request vetting, resource allocation and reporting
- Provide insights to the business through analysis of relevant data to drive greater effectiveness
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements
- MSc or PhD in Computer Science, Computational Linguistics, Electrical Engineering, Human-Computer Interaction, or related disciplines
- Practical experience in world leading organizations
- Ambitious vision, strong intellectual horsepower, effective interpersonal skills, positive attitude, strong work ethics, high level of cultural adaptability and flexibility
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills, combined with impeccable business judgment and the ability to communicate with cross business teams, staffing and other partners
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to move from detail to executive level strategy and to develop succinct, convincing C level presentations
- Ability to work effectively in a highly diverse team, to thrive with ambiguity, and to work with different teams of creatives, technologists, planners, vendors, and partners
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently and idiomatically
- Ability to speak and write in an additional language fluently and idiomatically
- Experience at a top tier technology firm within digital or technology part of the organization
- Experience in creating user focused platforms that are highly engaging as substantiated by data-driven metrics that drive future development
- Technical experience in machine learning or big data or cloud technologies to drive and scale development in text classification, accurate and efficient intent and entity recognition, topic detection and modelling, question answering, sentiment analysis, attention mechanisms through semi supervised statistical and deep learning NLP systems and related conversational AI technologies
- Experience in natural language generation work and comparative analysis of generative and retrieval based neural network approaches
- Experience in parsing intents identified through conversational relevance assessment tools to retrieve user data and trigger complex event platforms to deliver contextual personalized insights
- Strategic foresight in developing conversational analytics and framework that would support contextual dialogue management across future digital channels and touch points
- Evaluating commercial implications of build, partner, buy options to advance capability development across emerging user needs and strategic opportunities
- Insightful innovator, with a demonstrated passion for the future of financial services
For further details and application information please visit our career site, search under reference number 00009XX6
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited