Head of Consumer Services Hong Kong - HSBC Operations, Services and Technology
Some careers have more impact than others.
If you're looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you'll be.
HSBC Operations, Services and Technology is a pivotal part of the Group, providing essential operational and technical support to our global businesses and helping improve customer service and efficiency. HOST combines global expertise and technology to help keep us ahead of the competition.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Head of Consumer Services Hong Kong
. Principal responsibilities
- Consumer Services have operations in more than 40 countries around the world and the services provided ensure that HSBC is able to effectively support the RBWM, CMB, GB&M (GLCM) and GPB customer service propositions
- Any failure in the service provided by Consumer Services will have a direct impact on HSBC's customers. Consequently the role is a highly responsive one that requires flexibility and an ability to manage multiple high priority demands
- The role holder must be able to communicate effectively at all levels both within HSBC and externally and must be able to interpret information quickly and determine and execute a plan of action. The role holder must have strong communication skills and be able to influence, drive change and manage risk across all operations
- The role holder must be familiar with the global financial services environment, HSBC strategy and current and emerging market operations in order to appropriately influence the delivery of consistent operating standards and risk management strategies across all regions and countries
- Increasing global regulatory change together with industry/regulatory requirements mean the role holder must keep abreast of all developments that affect Consumer Service and be able to interpret, recommend and implement change quickly
- The role holder works closely with the Global Businesses, Functions and SME communities to convert business strategy into operational design and execution
- The majority of Consumer Services are delivered through third party suppliers; therefore the role holder needs to be adept at leading supplier relationships
- The role holder will not be subject to close supervision and will be expected to exercise initiative and judgment in proactively overcoming obstacles to success
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
- Relevant educational qualification in accordance with local requirements
- Relevant experience in operations or in a directly related business/function in addition to successful experience in leading a team
- Relevant experience of successfully developing and managing relationships with third party suppliers
- Previous experience in Operations Management including strong operational control capabilities and a proven track record in delivery
- Excellent numerical skills and attention to detail combined with a strong delivery focus and ability to meet aggressive timeframes with quality results
- Excellent planning, organizing and commercial skills including strong financial management capability
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Ability to maintain composure and drive right outcomes under high risk business recovery scenarios
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.