Manager - Financial Services Recruitment
A reputable European bank is looking for an experienced candidate to join as Head of Compliance to ensure the group's business is in accordance with the rules of regulators and exchanges and to give appropriate and professional independent advice to the business line as required.
Primary activities - Advisory
- Providing the business line with professional and efficient advice on compliance-related issues, as required by the business line and/or the Global Head of Compliance of the Group.
- Understanding, interpreting and communicating on the regulatory implications of new products, new activities, new rules and new clients.
- Provide regular reporting necessary to the business line and to the Compliance function.
- Involvement in all internal and external discussions and communications with a compliance or regulatory aspect.
- Development and delivery of appropriate compliance training including induction for new joiners, and subsequent presentations and material for ongoing compliance awareness.
Primary activities – Monitoring & Control
- Defining in-house rules, systems, procedures and monitoring to ensure compliance with local regulator’s and exchange’s rules.
- Performing periodic monitoring of trading and other business line activities, documenting and analysing the results, and following up any actual or potential problems or rule breaches identified.
- Ensuring that the Group Compliance Policies are understood and implemented within Compliance and the business line, including maintaining local compliance manual content.
- Performance of the Compliance Risk Self-Assessment and implementation of the consequent Action Plan for the business.
- Ensuring that there are procedures in place to obtain adequate client documentation to meet KYC and AML requirements and that client files are maintained regularly to an acceptable standard.
- Review of and authorisation of client files and client acceptance forms as part of the Group client acceptance process
- Ensuring that the Group’s rules regarding personal account dealing, confidential information, conflicts of interest and other rules conform to regulatory requirements and are monitored to ensure that they are followed, including the investigation of any whistle-blowing or other suspicious activity reports.
- Involvement with and reporting of any business line incidents that have a regulatory aspect or implication.
Primary activities – External Relationships
- Ensuring that procedures are in place to deal with customer complaints and monitor such procedures for satisfactory outcomes.
- Reviewing local regulatory and exchange rules proposals for impact on the business line and, in consultation with the Global Head of Compliance of the Group, respond to further the interests of the business line.
- Notifying regulators and exchanges of all events required by their rules and ensure that all financial and other returns are submitted on time and to oversee the preparation, submission and recording of exchange and regulatory registrations.
- Coordination of and involvement in all regulatory communications with exchanges and regulatory bodies, including the planning and management of inspection visits and audits.
- Making regular contacts with the local regulators and exchanges to ensure that good working relationships are fostered.
- Diplomacy and tact in performing the Head of Compliance, HK’s role
- Assertiveness and the ability to maintain a justified opinion
- Display initiative in identifying and presenting solutions to the business line in order to support their activities and plans
- Ability to interact comfortably with all levels of management, staff and clients
- Effective presentation skills and ability to communicate complex ideas in simple terms
- Work effectively with attention to accuracy, practicality and deadlines
- Overall knowledge of all aspects of the Group’s activities
- Excellent working knowledge of the SFO along with sound knowledge of both the SFC and HKEx rules and regulations
- Sound knowledge of HKMA rules and regulations
- Excellent command of the English language
- High level of IT literacy