Head of Client & Portfolio Services, 70-80k
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Robert Half Hong Kong
- 13 Nov 17 2017-11-13
Working with a reputable Asset Management, this role will lead the Client & Portfolio Services team and run operations team and investment management.
Our client is a well-managed and reputable Asset Management, with an AUM of over USD275 billion. This role will help to lead the Client & Portfolios Services team in Hong Kong to:-
- Provide supports to the investment team and institutional sales including client on boarding, client reporting, reconciliation, trade processing, performance measurement, ec.
- Liaise with the Global Client & Portfolios Services teams on global project, sourcing information on products and addressing client requests.
- Address and respond directly queries or issues raised by clients to resolution.
- Ensure the smooth running of the day to day operations activities for portfolios managed by the investment team in Hong Kong.
Client and Portfolio Activities
- Develop significant level of expertise of the holdings, terms, and transactions of multiple portfolios to provide intuitive and proactive oversight of these portfolios
- Ensuring cash reconciliations with the custodian bank are completed and outstanding items resolved on a timely basis
- Reconcile monthly transactions, valuations, management and performance fee calculations, P&L components
- Verifying accuracy of investor capital balances, unit pricing of Hong Kong domiciled funds, NAV allocations, and subscriptions/ redemptions on a monthly basis
- Respond to numerous ad hoc requests from internal and external clients for additional information.
- Address client queries or issues with relevant teams in the company, follow up to resolution and respond to clients directly
- Lead the team to produce monthly performance and attribution reports for portfolio management using valuations from underlying investments, cash balances, and derivatives valuations.
Client On Boarding
- Coordinate with the relevant oversea on boarding team to ensure the smooth on boarding of new clients, fund launches, fund/account terminations and custody change in relation to operational activities.
- For non-standard requests on operation process and client reporting, work with various stakeholders to agree mutual solutions and follow up the completion of agreed new developments.
Key Vendor Oversight
- Working effectively with outsourced third party administrators and internal parties to ensure a high level of service.
- Raising service issues in an appropriate manner and following up issues to resolution.
- Develop and maintain Services Level Agreements with key service providers to ensure all outsourced activities are covered.
- Conduct annual due diligence on key service providers.
Asset Servicing Activities
- Proactively liaise with all relevant parties to resolve day to day operational issues for portfolios managed by the investment team in Hong Kong
- For any material operational issues and incidents, take the lead to resolve those issues/incidents and implement the agreed procedural enhancements.
- Assist COO Asia in Operations initiatives and projects
- Represent BAM Asia to participate in global operational initiatives and projects
- Performing related duties assigned by COO Asia or Global Head of Client & Portfolios Services
- University degree in Accountancy, Finance or related discipline.
- CFA or CPA qualification is an advantage.
- Minimum 8-10 years of experience in fund accounting, fund operations and administration.
- Deep knowledge of the whole securities investment operations workflow
- Knowledge of unit trust / mutual fund accounting / valuation /mutual recognition
- Strong understanding of financial instruments and derivatives such as options, swaps, futures, NDFs (forwards), repo
- Sufficient management or supervisory experience
- Excellent decision making and problem solving skills
- Able to take initiative and work independently as well as in a team
- Able to read/write and speak Chinese (including Mandarin) is required
To apply online (Word attachment only), please click the 'Apply' button. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.