Head of Algos Trading Platform - HSBC Operations, Services and Technology
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential.
HSBC Operations, Services and Technology is a pivotal part of the Group, providing essential operational and technical support to our global businesses and helping improve customer service and efficiency. HOST combines global expertise and technology to help keep us ahead of the competition.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Head of Algos Trading Platform
. Principal responsibilities
- Within HSBC Global Banking and Markets, Cash Electronic Technology is a global technology team that works together to build innovative electronic trading and analytics systems. Our business partners herald from the Cash High touch trading, Low touch trading, Mission Control and Cash Quant areas. We strive to engineer performant, scalable and reliable systems that enable our business to grow clients and revenue. We care about working in an agile manner, hand in hand with our business partners to realize their goals whilst maintaining technical excellence.
- This is a new role to lead the engineering teams that build, maintain and support our global algo platform. We are focused on delivering value to our business partners within our evolving DevOps model. We strive to deliver a consistent global platform while rapidly adapting to local requirements and regulations
- As a full stack engineer leading a global team, you will be working across the end to end delivery lifecycle, covering the inception, development, testing, release and ongoing maintenance of a high value and highly visible product. You would be working with the business stakeholders, architects and other engineers in a culture of collaboration.
- As a team we are enthusiastic about our HSBC Technology Manifesto 1.0 as you should be. The manifesto expresses the values we hold and we aspire to create this environment through enthusiasm, curiosity and use of an engineering mind set. We are not there yet so you will need to make this journey with us and be resilient if we hit some bumps along the way.
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
- You will be a hands on Team Lead or Senior Developer with experience mentoring more junior perhaps remote team members.
- You will be a technology enthusiast with several years of experience in a developer role and will have spent time working directly with business partners to deliver electronic trading solutions for equities businesses. You may have spent time delivering these solutions into co located and proximity hosting sites. You will have built experience of how equities markets operate at a detailed level.
- The platforms we rely on are JVM based and rely on distributed computing techniques and you should be comfortable working with those types of systems. We are always focused on delivering performant solutions that will support our growing algo workloads so being able to work on code optimisations and techniques will be helpful in the role.
- Working with teams distributed across the globe is a key part of this role and providing them with technical leadership to help them deliver better engineered solutions will be an important part of your leadership. You will also work with Product owners in the business in close partnership to deliver solutions with them.
- Our team values engineers with a growth mindset who love to learn new things, who are curious, whether that be learning about what our traders are doing or making technical improvements to our systems. We are hungry for diverse ideas and encourage our engineers to challenge the status quo and guide our technology choices as opposed to simply wanting to follow. Technology is an everchanging landscape, so we want full stack DevOps engineers that enjoy working across technologies. This includes being open to working in new programming languages, across UI, backend and databases, and configuring infrastructure.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.