Head of APAC for Insurance Services, SVP
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- State Street
- 13 Mar 18 2018-03-13
To build insurance sector service for State Street APAC.
Head of APAC, Insurance Services, State Street
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on State Street to help them manage risk, respond to challenges through solutions, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged professionals are essential to our success.
Our commitment to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It’s also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
- Help maintain and grow the Insurance Service business in APAC
- Role will be based in Tokyo with periodic travel expected to Hong Kong
- Deepen and expand our relationships by delivering outstanding service to our insurance clients
- Define and execute on our regional insurance strategy
- Increase coordination with GX/GM/GA to deliver an integrated client experience
- Instill a culture and environment of risk excellence.
Job Requirements and Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum of 10 years of experience in areas such as executive management, strategic planning, operations management in the insurance industry or related industry servicing the insurance industry.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Japanese insurance industry and breadth of contacts in the industry will be a plus. Regional exposure also beneficial
- Fluency in Japanese and English language required
- Demonstrate skills in problem assessment and resolution as well as collaborative problem solving in a complex setting.
- Possess excellent communications skills within an organization and with clients.
- Proven ability to detect emerging trends, and encourage and make recommendations for creative change.
- Proven ability to achieve results with the persistence and patience necessary to work effectively with a wide range of internal and external constituents.
- Proven ability to handle multiple priorities and lead team efforts.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, written, and oral presentations skills.