- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Hong Kong
- 27 Nov 17
Head, Retail Risk Operations HK
- Location: Hong Kong
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Please view Job Description for details.Standard Chartered is a leading international banking group committed to building a successful and sustainable future for our people, our customers and the communities we serve. With 1,700 branches and offices in 68 markets in Asia, Africa and the Middle East, we offer exciting and challenging international career opportunities to over 89,000 employees.
Reports to: Head of Risk Operations, GCNA
- Lead a team to manage Credit Initiation and Fraud Risk functions
- Conduct credit assessment on all Retail Banking product applications per policies and regulatory guidelines and manage fraud risk, assisting businesses with implementing the 'best in class' tools & processes to minimize fraud losses while maintaining and adhering to Customer Charter goals and objectives
- Ensure that all processes within the Manager's responsibilities are analyzed and understood, and that all material risks and potential failure points are identified, assessed, mitigated, monitored and reported as required by the Operational Risk Framework and supporting procedures, documents, etc.
- Ensure applicable external laws and regulations and internal policies, procedures, limits and other risk control requirements are implemented and complied
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Ensure application processing is done properly by following the Delegation of Authority and in compliance with established Credit Policy
- Monitor the approval rage and Identify process improvement opportunity to reduce Turn Around Time
- Perform normal and exceptional credit underwriting for all Retail Banking products.
- Ensure consistency in underwriting standard within the team.
- Approve and recommend all facilities in a timely fashion in order to meet both audit requirement and SCB Operational Risk Control measures.
- Manage departmental cost within budget level.
- Regularly review work steps to improve productivity on services provided and control measures.
- Manage, motivate, train and develop staff to ensure performance is optimized.
- Facilitate and support launch of new products.
- Maintain a proactive, independent, balanced and a fraud risk and deterrent awareness culture within the SCB businesses
- Lead and drive standardization, automation and consolidation through re-engineering and process improvement initiatives in Greater China region in generation of alerts for fraud monitoring and investigation
- Develop and conduct fraud awareness and investigation training programs for the country Fraud Risk Management unit
- Act quickly and decisively when any risk and control weakness becomes apparent and ensure they are addressed within an appropriate timeframe and escalated through the relevant committees
- Develop and maintain fraud management capabilities, skills and infrastructure that are in compliance with both internal policies and external regulations
- Ensure Lessons Learned shared with stakeholders in a timely manner
- Exercise Risk Control Ownership for Fraud Risk function
- Ensure the Fraud Risk Management framework is effectively embedded and communicated across Retail Banking Customers segment
- Ensure the cost budget in FRM is based on robust capacity plans and is delivered through a rigorous cost management discipline
- Support the identification, engagement and retention of high quality FRM professionals at country and regional level
- Ensure that staff are suitably skilled and qualified for their roles ensuring that they have effective supervision in place to mitigate any risks
- Lead by example and build the appropriate culture and values within the Fraud Risk Management team
- Share industry best practices and work with the businesses for their feasibility and implementation
- Maintain a collaborative relationship with regulators, peer banks and fraud risk industry forums to help detect and mitigate fraud
- Embed the Group's values and code of conduct in Fraud Risk Management team ensuring adherence to the highest standards of ethics, and compliance with relevant policies, processes and regulations among employees form part of the culture
- Optimize operating efficiency while balancing the effectiveness of decision making
Qualifications and Skills
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework in which the firm operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role of Head, Retail Risk Operations
- Strong leadership capabilities and management skills, with the ability to deliver effective controls within Retail Risk Operations through both directly-managed and virtual team
- Possess strong credit sense and credit analytic skills
- Good working knowledge of risk management, specifically as applicable to Retail Risk Operations
- Strong written and oral communication and influencing skills
- Familiar with related credit evaluation systems is definitely an advantage
- Ability to create effective work relationships within and across functions & borders
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
Third Party Applications
Please note: Applications from third parties are not accepted unless by invitation.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Standard Chartered is an equal opportunity employer. We have a meritocratic culture where each individual employee is valued and respected for who they are as a person and for what they bring to the organisation.