- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Hong Kong
- 18 Jan 18
Head, MTCR, Greater China and North Asia (GCNA)
- Location: Hong Kong
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Act as the second line Risk Control Owner for market risk and its specific sub-types such as external rules and regulations (prudential regulations for market risk). As the risk control owner, be responsible for
- Inform the development of strategy planning work with the provision of all necessary market risk and traded credit risk related inputs encourage the development of an appropriate risk culture and discipline.
- Communicate the strategic intent and collective agenda for the Function
- Maintain and develop the Function's capabilities and skills to meet ongoing business needs and plans
- Assist the Global Head of MTCR in the subsidiarisation project for Hong Kong
· Supervise all processes where a member of the Function is the identified first line process owner
· Ensure effective management of operational risks within the Function and compliance with applicable internal policies, and external laws and regulations
· Process Owner for relevant Regulatory requirements under CRR / CRD IV and responsible for ensuring compliance with the CRR / CRD IV Compliance Framework
· Continuously improve the operational efficiency and effectiveness of the Market and Traded Credit Risk function
· Monitor on-going compliance with and effectiveness of the risk control environment
· Drive a consistent interpretation and application of Market and Traded Credit Risk policies across all countries in the Group.
· Regularly review audit reports / business risk reviews / and identify key regional trends
People and Talent
· Excellence in team leadership - attracting, developing and retaining high calibre staff.
· Ensure succession planning in the team
· Active and engaged performance management
· Leading by example to create a strong risk culture, which is conducive to speaking up and open to challenge.
· Ensure the provision of ongoing training and development within MTCR, and ensure that holders of all critical functions are suitably skilled and qualified for their roles
· Uphold and reinforce the independence of the Function from those whose responsibility is to maximise short-term revenues and profits