Head (Finance Education) (Ref: H(FE))
- Hong Kong
- Contract, Full time
- Financial Services Development Council
- 24 Mar 19
The Financial Services Development Council (“FSDC”) was established by the HKSAR Government in January 2013. The FSDC engages the financial services industry of Hong Kong and formulates proposals to promote the further development of the industry and map out the strategic direction for the development of Hong Kong as an international financial centre.
- To lead a team to deliver detailed analysis (including business plan, benchmarking exercise, budget, and implementation plan) in relation to finance talent development in Hong Kong under time pressure;
- To drive the engagement of policymakers, regulators, industry bodies and other stakeholders through liaison meetings to gather views on the design, development and deployment of finance training solutions;
- To identify the training needs of the Hong Kong financial services industry, provide the instructional design of various types of learning solutions (e.g. classroom lectures, e-learning, or hybrid) and report regularly to the senior management; and
- To support the working groups of the FSDC on planning and implementing human capital development initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferably in finance, economics or related disciplines; finance or other relevant professional qualifications will be an advantage;
- At least 10 years’ post-qualification experience, at least three years of which should be at the management level in the financial services industry, finance training sector or in client consulting role;
- Solid business planning skills and research project management experience, with strong understanding of the local and overseas finance training landscape as well as related policy issues;
- Strong ability to present and engage effectively and strategically with a diverse network of stakeholders across sectors (financial services, continuous training, (quasi-)public services, etc.); and
- Excellent command of both written and spoken English and Chinese; and fluency in Putonghua is an advantage.
Terms of Appointment
Appointment will be offered on a six-month fixed term contract.
How to Apply
Interested candidates please send, in not more than four pages altogether, a letter of application quoting the corresponding job reference in the heading, and a curriculum vitae setting out the details of qualifications, previous work experience, current and expected salary, to the Financial Services Development Council Secretariat at Unit 502, 5/F, Nexxus Building, No. 41 Connaught Road Central, Hong Kong or by email to email@example.com on or before 30 March 2019. Applicants not invited for an interview within 8 weeks from the closing date may consider their applications unsuccessful. For enquires, please call 2493 1313.