HR Business Partner
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- Schroder Investment Management (Hong Kong) Ltd
- 19 Mar 18 2018-03-19
As the HR Business Partner (HRBP) at Schroders, you are responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management in designated business units. You will formulate partnership across the HR function to deliver value-added services including but not limited to the recruitment, employee relations, performance management and overall HR operational support to the Hong Kong, Beijing and Shanghai office, in compliance with the Group and statutory requirement at a country level.
- Acts as the primary contact for all HR matters in maintaining successful relationships with key stakeholders and other key interfaces both internally & externally;
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management through to resolution (i.e. coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions);
- Knowledge sharing of best practices with your HR colleagues and participate in the implementation of key HR initiatives and process improvements.
- Partner closely with management to identify any HR issues and make recommendations that meets business needs especially advice and guidance, which are compliant with local regulatory/statutory requirement and minimise risk and financial exposure;
- Act as an employee champion and change agent to contribute significantly to the development of the organisation’s culture and identify practical plans to achieve it;
- Proactively identify areas where HR can add value, lead and deliver effective solutions in support of strategic goals and improves organisational performance and employee engagement;
- Collaborate with the HR team on all aspects of the employee lifecycle, such as performance management, reward, annual HR cost and budgeting, internal and external audits, monthly payroll and tax filings, compensation and benefits comparison and survey;
- Ensures the effective operation of performance management programmes. Provides coaching and training to managers on setting stretching goals, conducting appraisals and raising performance;
- Responsible for the onboarding of new joiners such new joiner orientation, as well as the exit logistics for leaver such as exit interviews.
- Update and maintain the Human Resources policies and procedures documentation;
- Deliver HR services and ensures business initiatives, policy interpretation & adherence, lifecycle processes and corporate HR initiatives are executed effectively with proper recommendation of changes where appropriately;
- Involved in ad hoc projects that enhance the contribution of HR to the overall company’s strategy;
- Supports the Head of HR on the delivery of function wide projects and initiatives as and when required.
To be successful in this role you should possess the following requisites:
- A degree graduate with at least 7- 10 years of relevant experience, ideally gained from the financial services / asset management industry
- Enjoy working in a team environment
- Excellent working knowledge of HK employment law with the ability to apply it practically to workplace situations
- Basic understanding of the employment regulatory landscape and HR practices in China
- Proficient in both written and conversant English and Cantonese.
- Ability to read and speak Mandarin as you will need to support our China business line managers
- Excellent understanding of HR best practice and ability to apply this to employee relations cases
- Experience of performance management and working within defined policies and procedures
- Experience of leading on organisational change projects including restructures and redundancy programmes