HR Benefits Consultant
- Competitive package
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Wells Fargo Bank
- 23 Feb 18 2018-02-23
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets.
~~About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 8,500 locations, 13,000 ATMs, the internet (wellsfargo.com) and mobile banking, and has offices in 42 countries and territories to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. With approximately 273,000 team members, Wells Fargo serves one in three households in the United States. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 25 on Fortune’s 2017 rankings of America’s largest corporations. Wells Fargo’s vision is to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. News, insights and perspectives from Wells Fargo are also available at Wells Fargo Stories.
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Benefits Consultant to join the Asia Regional Benefits Team in Hong Kong. The successful candidate will be reporting to the APAC Plan Design and Strategy Lead and focusing on developing benefit strategies and plan design and program and strategy implementation, stakeholder engagement and change management.
The incumbent should demonstrate strong analytical skill and able to contribute in building the key benefits strategies and initiatives that will deliver a compelling and consistent employee experience and support business growth and talent strategies of the WF international countries. The incumbent should be able to work independently and have rick experience in consulting and delivering complex projects. The role will collaborate closely with the International Operation team and support the Regional Benefits Leader of APAC for leading and directing all of the works that the teams undertake for our clients in the region, including oversight on how the benefits plan are administered and delivered.
The key roles of the Benefits Consultant include:
• Act as a business partner, strategic solution provider and consultant for regional HR and business teams, the role should understand all businesses and markets practices in the region and identify opportunities to improve benefits programs both in plan design and delivery and deploy action plans to resolve any gaps. The incumbent must also be able to guide, direct and monitor regional benefits practices to ensure alignment with local market competitiveness and legal requirements as well as corporate strategies / philosophies ensuring the same benefit program offering within a country and across LOBs in that country., acting as a benefit expert to drive understanding of benefit programs among leaders, HR and team members.
• As part of the Plan Design and Strategy team that responsible for overall oversight in region, the role will collaborate closely with IB Operations team and regional and Enterprise partners to the deployment and delivery of benefit programs and strategies.
• Analyze new and emerging trends in benefits across APAC, lead and conduct competitive country benefit analyses and reviews for locations across APAC region and provide recommendations on benefit plan designs, obtaining approvals and implement the new plans.
• Project management and collaborate on global benefit initiatives in the region and ensure stakeholders at all levels across the organization are kept up-dated and engaged in key benefit projects and decisions.
• Provide benefit consultancy and expertise on all benefit related matters to the APAC countries and regional HR teams and LOB
• For both established and new benefits programs, the role will work closely with Benefits Operation and key stakeholders including Supply Chain, Finance, legal, HR and the business to assess benefits vendor proposals and guide the selection of the best vendor at the best terms and rates as well as managing the ongoing relationships with vendors and ensuring effective administration and communication of benefit programs (including implementation of plan design changes and changes in vendors).
• Support due diligence activities in APAC required on mergers, acquisition, divestitures and expansion efforts.
• Ensure benefit plans are compliant both for internal and external regulatory requirements
• Support with the role out of the international benefits strategy and advice on best model and approach as it pertains to the APAC region (global broker, global fringe, global pension and governance). Actively participate in core teams for the key strategic initiatives (scoring, RFP presentations etc).
• Work in close collaboration with Benefits Operation on for ensuring vendor management processes are followed for all APAC benefit plans, merge and acquisition projects
• At least 8 years of experience with international benefits, preferably within the financial services sector in APAC
• University degree.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills combined with strong analytical skills and be able to consult and advise executives, HR leaders, managers and operational staff on benefit issues.
• Demonstrate ability to proactively engage with stakeholders and build strong working relationships, a “team player” who must be able to build highly effective professional relationships and has the ability to effectively work with and communicate across multiple levels of the organization, including external business partners, clients and vendors.
• Strong customer service delivery and responsiveness
• Good project management skills, along with effective stakeholder engagements skills within the organization.
• General expertise in benefit program theory and practice and integration of benefit programs in a total reward framework.
• A highly motivated self-starter who has the ability to work independently.
• Demonstrated financial, analytical and auditing skills.
• Act as an agent for change - willing to challenge the status quo.
• Possess high level of integrity; be widely trusted; direct and truthful, with the ability to establish and maintain effective relationships and gain confidence.
Wells Fargo team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigation and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. The Employee, as a Wells Fargo team member, is accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.