HEAD OF COMPLIANCE (UK FINTECH, BLOCKCHAIN): 10+ YEARS
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Star Anise Limited
- 19 Oct 18
Our client is a global leader and well established in blockchain technologies. Our client works with corporates, institutions and governments to create best-in-class solutions that build trust and increase efficiency. They offer spans the full blockchain ecosystem including blockchain solutions and advisory, financial services, and blockchain and AI infrastructure. As new growing fintech industry, an outstanding head of compliance position has arisen for a high-calibre Compliance professional to join the regional compliance team in Hong Kong.
This role reports directly to Chief Compliance Officer who is also sits in Hong Kong. This role is essential to Hong Kong operation, you will assist CCO to set up compliance control framework, interpret relevant compliance laws, rules and regulations and translate into appropriate business policies and procedures.
You will be responsible to create internal compliance policies and procedures to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and provide advisory support to the business on compliance matters.
As a senior compliance subject matters export in the firm, you will be main contact point for regulators and provide compliance advisory to meet regulatory requests. In addition, this role will also assist in compliance training, researching, and preparing submission of appropriate regulatory licenses including payment transaction business as well as Hedge Fund business. This role will also involve with external advisory services on regulatory compliance to company clients.
To qualify, individuals must possess:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Law
- Minimum 10+ years’ experience in an asset management or hedge fund setting
- Strong knowledge of Compliance ordinance and guidance applicable in Hong Kong (HKMA, SFO, SFC) and the international regulatory environment applicable to asset and hedge fund management, including Europe and the US
- Working knowledge of the current and trending global landscape with respect to regulatory oversight of cryptoassets, and ICOs
- Relevant experience and prior exposure to cryptoasset compliance, such as working for a cryptocurrency exchange will be ideal
- Ability to work under own initiative and to tight deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with fluency in English
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to effectively multi-task and prioritise
- A desire to be part of a team in a dynamic and fast-paced organisation
To apply, please contact Jennifer Yang for a confidential discussion at +852 3708 9510 quoting job reference number JY.33491. To visit more Legal, Compliance and Risk management jobs please check www.staranise.com.hk
Data collected will be for recruitment purposes only. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within 5 business days of your application, please assume your application has not been shortlisted.