Growth Markets Portfolio Manager, Wealth, Hong Kong
- 13-month salary + Bonus
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Mercer Hong Kong
- 13 Nov 17 2017-11-13
The Growth Markets Portfolio Manager will be responsible for designing, managing, monitoring and reporting on Growth Markets client solutions. These solutions range from liability hedging to client specific, multi-asset return-seeking portfolios.
- Designing and implementing client investment solutions combining active & passive strategies across multiple asset classes to meet both return-seeking & liability matching requirements. This will require ongoing interaction with clients, Mercer advisors and external consultants as well as the global Delegated Solutions Portfolio Management team.
- Lead and support regular client communication on all aspects of their portfolio from explaining purposed solution and risk reporting to current performance and recommendations for changes.
- Managing the client solutions including manager selection and portfolio construction.
- Leading or participating in investment strategy decisions, often with sophisticated requirements (LDI, synthetic or leverage exposure etc).
- Selecting and monitoring the selected sub-investment managers in the various client solutions.
- Oversee transitions (with support from specialist internal groups and analysts) to allow clients to fund their new solutions and to implement portfolio changes.
- Oversee and input into client reporting including the accurate and timely provision of investment and portfolio data as well as strategy and performance commentary for factsheets and client reports.
- Ensure continued evolution of client solutions and development of market leading offering.
- Contribute to sales process though interaction with sales and relationship teams as well as presenting to prospects.
- Liaise closely with other members of Mercer’s portfolio management, risk management, operations and research teams to contribute to overall thinking and aid development of solutions
- Serve as a “face” of Mercer’s investment expertise to the market, including participating in pitches for new business and meeting existing clients as warranted, as well as participating in industry events and conferences.
- Contribute to intellectual capital / thought leadership in the region.
- Preferred 7+ years’ experience within investment consulting, investment management or investment banking.
- At least 5 years of experience acting as the Key Investment Personnel for SFC authorized funds
- Extensive understanding of all aspects of investment strategies for institutional clients.
- Extensive experience (design, implementation & management) of sophisticated strategies.
- Regular client interaction and proven ability to explain complex concepts to non-investment professionals. Strong communication skills both written and oral.
- Proven ability to build and sustain internal and external relationships.
- Experience of working closely with manager researchers very desirable.
- Experience in overseeing, and providing input into planning of, transitions very desirable.
- Experienced in and familiar in the application and operation of SFC authorized funds
- Experienced in acting in the capacity of investment manager for MPF/ORSO schemes
- Experience and understanding of investment guidelines and all associated legal documentation very desirable.
- Highly disciplined and organised with ability to run multiple tasks concurrently.
- Understanding and ability to meet client and business needs.
- Strong numerical, analytical and spreadsheet skills.
- Solid understanding of current investment environment and related issues.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively across borders.
- Ability to think critically.
- Ability to challenge.
- A track record of innovation.
- Degree qualified - a strong undergraduate degree majoring in Accounting, Actuarial Studies, Business, Economics, Engineering, Mathematics, Science or similar discipline is essential.
- Further qualifications such as Actuarial qualifications, CAIA, CFA or a relevant Masters degree is highly desirable.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purpose only.