Group Strategy - Associate
Group Strategy at HKEX is responsible for developing, incubating and overseeing the delivery of key strategic initiatives across the firm. The team works hand-in-hand with internal and external partners across a spectrum of initiatives, including product and platform development, strategic market-facing projects, collaboration with other exchanges and market participants, and expansion into complementary and new lines of business.
The role presents a unique opportunity for a highly commercial and analytical candidate with a desire to contribute to the regional and global financial markets. Experience in exchanges, strategy, corporate finance or business development is strongly preferred. Broader Capital markets or market infrastructure experience is a plus. Job Responsibilities:
- Assist the Group and HKEX Divisions on assessing, incubating and implementing strategic initiatives
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative research and analyses to inform learning and choice-making within initiatives
- Contribute and deliver on projects utilizing capital markets experience with product knowledge of key across different asset classes
- Support senior team members on analyses of topical issues affecting HKEX's business
- University degree, preferably in Finance / Economics / Business Administration or related disciplines
- 2-4 years of experience in an exchange, strategy, corporate finance, consulting or business development type role preferred. Candidate with less experience will be consider as Officer.
- Ambitious and highly motivated self-starter
- Excellent commercial awareness and financial literacy
- High calibre written and spoken presentation skills
- Good understanding and interest in global capital markets
- Good command of written and spoken Cantonese and English (Mandarin a plus).
Applicants who do not hear from us within 6 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful. Personal data provided will only be used for the purpose of employment application to HKEX.